Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Glee?

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by RickRS, May 19, 2009.

1. RickRS

RickRS Member

Not a dance competition show, but I'm interested in the new show Glee that premiers/previews tonight after Idol. I was a fan of Fame back in its day and am unsure what to expect with a scripted comedy show that might include dance.

Anyone else looking forward to this show?

2. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Not sure if I'm excited about the premise, or if I just feel like I am because I'm loving the "Don't Stop Believing" that they play with the commercials, but I'm going to check it out.

3. RickRS

RickRS Member

Did catch the show last night. Only two dances were shown, both glee club show dances. Love the competing school's "Rehab" and the show's final number with our glee club of losers, "Don't Stop Believing", which raised goose-bumps. Not High School Musical, it's more realistic than that.

This show gets a "must watch" slot on my schedule from now on. Unfortunately, that means waiting for the start of the fall season for the next episode. :(

4. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I really liked it. Don't know if it will keep me watching, but the show was really cute and smart and funny. Just made me happy. Can't wait to see the next episode in the fall!

5. RickRS

RickRS Member

From TVGuide.com:
    Youtubes from the show for those that missed it. This ones a past champion that our loveable losers will have to defeat:

[YT]Akr9fRajrKM[/YT]

Fox has the full episode available on their website: http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=glee for anyone that was to catch up.

6. soshedances

soshedances Active Member

Definitely going to have to check this out!

7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

rofl, turns out this show really is based on the show choir from my old high school. Thankfully, I wasn't part of it, though many friends were. ;)

8. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Love it! Great episode tonight. I have LOVED "I Dreamed a Dream" since I saw Les Miz in the late 80's.
    Also love "On My Own," which I got to sing once.

9. RickRS

RickRS Member

Great episode, indeed. This show is the most entertaining hour of television, ever. Love the songs, love the dance, love the comedy, love it all. Just not sure how I'm going to handle a long, hot, bleak, dry, dusty, summer without some Glee to keep me going... ;)

10. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Member

I looooove Glee. I cannot wait for tomorrow's episode - Gaga!

11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

It's a very entertaining show.

12. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

I did look forward to it before it came on and now it's in my top ten viewing! :)

13. AMeader

AMeader New Member

Glee finale is on Tuesday!

14. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

*jumping up for joy*

15. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Two tearjerker numbers for the finale! :cry::D

16. Beto

Beto Active Member

Definitely an emotional episode and *loved* Sue's motivations at the end. Makes perfect sense. :D

17. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Did anybody catch the episode about God?? I was bawling. Seeing as how I am having rough time in my life right now too, I keep listening to two songs from the episode that really touch me (and I like better than the originals):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OxLmnZVSH4&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86IKt5IixEA&NR=1

Although, I think they should have played less of Rachel's "poppa can you hear me?" song and played the whole song for "What if God was one of us?"... Kurt's part is great and it would have made sense for him to have that solo in the episode.

18. Beto

Beto Active Member

You weren't alone. Kurt's version of the Beatles "I Want to Hold Your Hand" had me crying. I've gone through the experience of having my father in the hospital and not waking up. It's not something I'd wish on anyone.

Agreed. I'm also a little sick of Rachel at this point because I want the other cast members to have the spotlight.

19. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

I probably shouldn't have watched it. It hit a little too close to home for me right now and I pretty much cried for the entire hour.

20. RickRS

RickRS Member

I loved Kurt's version. Took a upbeat "teenage love" song from the Sixties and gave it a whole new meaning, full of sadness and pain. And, unfortunately, like Beto, having lost my father to cancer, resonates personally.