Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Glee?

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by RickRS, May 19, 2009.

1. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

I think it's the same version of the song used in the movie "Across the Universe" in the movie it was Evan Rachel Woods singing.

I found that episode difficult to watch. Heavy stuff. And, like you and Beto, I have lost both of my parents to cancer. I hate cancer.

But I love Glee!

2. Beto

Beto Active Member

Ditto. It's beyond horrific watching someone that helped bring you into the world deteriorate before your eyes. I really do hate cancer.

I *heart* Glee! I didn't know about my passion for musical theater until very late in my life but I'm glad to have it and this show feeds it!

3. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

LOVED LAST NIGHT'S episode!!!! <3 Kurt <3 and the livin on a prayer/start me up mash up was soooo hot!!!!

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

"Jumped the Shark ???"

What do you think? Some so-called pundits think that Glee might have "jumped the shark". The reason: lots of high-profile cameos and bigger-than-ever production numbers.

On the other hand, Glee bucked conventional wisdom (and pulled through) with Season One's "The Kiss" finale...

5. Beto

Beto Active Member

The show's wildly uneven but when it hits one out of the park it gets back on track. I watch every week with my gf and don't think it's jumped the shark yet.

6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Beto, yeah. I love the show. Unlike so-called "reality TV", it actually takes effort and talent and inspiration to make an episode of Glee!

:cheers:

7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Recently, Heather Morris was chosen as one of television's great current scene-stealers--making the best of every opportunity that she's been given on Glee...

8. Beto

Beto Active Member

All the more impressive when you consider that she was initially cast as a dancer who wasn't going to have any lines.

9. Kits

Kits New Member

I am so hooked on this show thanks to my roommate. I didn't think I was going to like it, but after watching the first season on DVD I can't wait to see more!! :D

10. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

:cheers:

11. Kits

Kits New Member

lol it sounds like my next door neigh boor got the Glee soundtrack. For once I am not complaining about loud music. :D

12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Very cool! :cheers:

13. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Funny! The Justin Bieber tribute episode. Heather Morris is probably my favorite on the show... :)

14. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Is she Brittany? She is funny and a fantastic dancer!

15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Heather Morris (Brittany on "Glee")

Yes, chachachacat! She is considered one of TV's current great scene-stealers--making so much of her opportunities on screen. As far as being a great dancer, some IMDB trivia gives some insight into that:

Heather Morris (who had been a back-up dancer for Beyoncé Knowles' tour) was hired to play the character of Brittany after she was first called in by show choreographer Zack Woodlee to teach the "Single Ladies" dance to the cast.

From http: // www .imdb. com/title/tt1327801/trivia

16. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

I had read about that, Ray.

I have to say, i really liked the alcohol episode last night. :) Principle Figgins is a riot! LOL

17. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

TD, oh how I wholeheartedly agree! :cheers:

18. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I don't normally watch the show. I tuned in last night because Gweneth Paltrow was on. She played the Sex Ed Teacher. I thought she did a great job. I really enjoyed her singing !

19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Me too! :cheers:

20. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

The tango with Matthew Morrison and Gwyneth Paltrow! Fun!
    I still get excited to see ballroom anywhere in the mainstream.