Ballroom Dance > Glenn Weiss running for USA Dance President

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by DanceMentor, Jun 12, 2016.

1. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I may be wrong about this, but I feel like this may be a case of a corollary of Hanlon's razor applying across the board. Less stupidity though and more a general lack of organization.

And thanks, Renata. I knew you were running and hoped you were around. Now if only I can find a printer and the time to make my way to the post office. Digital options would be *so* much more convenient.

2. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Agreed. Notice that the 'new guard' is all the 'old guard' who appointed themselves into position. Nobody in the EC was elected to their position, but they all are in power once again, trading appointments with each other....

Since they all have a big interest in not having opposition or disagreements, they are happy to put up walls and barriers. And censoring, either openly, with me, or covertly, when they say that rthey will not communicate on social media because it is 'not appropriate'

3. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

She means the potential "new guard". Seriously, I'm pretty sure she's just looking for names of who's wanting to run.

wooh, Larinda McRaven and raindance like this.
  4. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Agreed, I think it's definitely just poor organization / failure to leverage new technology and user experience design that so many other customer-facing companies have done. I pity the people who have to look up all those names and USA Dance numbers to make sure the petition signatures are valid; they could have saved themselves so much work making it possible to sign petitions online after logging in.

Bailamosdance and RiseNFall like this.
  5. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you there, I see no reason for the people running to play coy when they need signatures and to start campaigning or whatever to get elected. I just think there is a separate problem with the system in place that's making it difficult for everyone but those already in power.

6. Bailamosdance

Larinda, where do you think they should share this information? I host 2 large Facebook groups and a number of the candidates have posted there, and welcome all of them, since USA Dance makes no effort to put this info out there.

7. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Well since I asked you here on DF... I guess I expected you to answer me here on DF...? No?

I am sure there are plenty of people that frequent DF but neither have the time nor inclination to go hunting on facebook who would have appreciated it too. Because, believe it or not, not "everyone" is your two fb groups.

It is not like I asked for a complete bio on everyone... just a rather simple list of some names maybe, instead of "everyone I know". Unless it is too much of a secret to share.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    stash, nikkitta, wooh and 1 other person like this.
  8. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping (in fact, there has to be) some official list published somewhere accessible once the deadline comes. So far, I've seen signature canvassing for Glenn and Renata and some Facebook postings for candidates for Dancesport Delegate.

s2k, Bailamosdance and Cal like this.

9. Since I assume I am the new guard I will answer this question as best as I can. I am running and i am not being coy about that. I announced that I am running 2 days before USA dance sent official information to everyone about being able to run for a position. About a week after I announced, Irina Feingold announced that she is running for Athletes Representative. Irina is definitely not being coy about this because she is reaching out to athletes on Facebook and in person at competitions all the time. Edward Golbert announced that he will run again for Athletes Representative. Glen Weiss announced a few days ago. Yesterday Bill Davis started asking for signatures on Facebook hence I assume he is going to announce soon that he is running for Dancesport VP.

We the people who announced are very serious and we are not playing any games. The cut off date to submit all the documents to USA dance is June 30th. After that everyone will know who is running for which position. Then the candidates will have time to earn the trust and the vote because the actual elections are in November.

10. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

FTFY.

11. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Ummmm, what part of "everyone" wasn't clear? :D

12. In this case Larina you are offending "everyone".

13. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

lol well... I'm sure "Larina" meant no offense....

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna say to Renata and those who are running, "congrats and good luck," and to those who are not, "it's easy to complain, and harder to do something about it."

DanceMentor, Loki, nikkitta and 3 others like this.
  15. Bailamosdance

I second that, Joe, especially since that org's first response to suggestions or questions is to either censor or 'knock down'.

Rhythmdancer likes this.
  16. Bailamosdance

CANDIDATES FOR USA DANCE NATIONAL OFFICES*

- Glenn Weiss for President
    - Renata Shvartz for Dancesport VP
    - Bill Davies for Dancesport VP
    - Irina Feingold for Dancesport representative
    - Edward Golbert for Dancesport representative

*We invite ALL candidates to submit their names to these groups so that we may make this list as complete as possible. This list is intended to provide a service to the U.S. dance community. It is not meant, nor should it be taken, to be an official list of candidates for USA Dance national office.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/seniorcompetitors/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/408376342563107/

17. caw

caw Active Member

Glenn asked me to share the following statement:

I would like to thank the hundreds of USADANCE members who have been kind enough to mail in the petition forms allowing me to get on the ballot. I thank you all for your trust and support. What has been especially gratifying is the fact that the petitions have come from all corners of the country.

I promise you that I will conduct my campaign with dignity and respect for everybody involved.
    Together we can all create a strong and united USADANCE.

Glenn Weiss

18. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I do wish him well.

NDCA vs. USAD chatter seems to be increasing on FB. :rolleyes:

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  19. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

I hope some of it is folks hunting for solutions.

Mr 4 styles and Bailamosdance like this.
  20. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Ummmm, yeah, yeah, sure!
    Lol.