Dance Ads > Gold gown on ebay start at $1

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Just listed golden gown on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200372922725&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

starting bid is 1$

It is made of silk fabric, and decorated with crystal ab. condition is good as well. I bought it a year ago and never wore as ribcage is too tight on me. It hasn't had much luck on my site so decided to post on ebay. Will fit best a slender lady, the dress is very drapy and elegant. Never worn in the states
    [​IMG][​IMG]

more photos of the gown
    http://public.fotki.com/klh/ballroom_dancing/dresses_for_sale/gowns-under-1000/gold-gown/

2. Katarzyna

I forgot to say NO RESERVE! really want to sell it, its been in my house for a year.

3. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

darn those small ribcages!

4. Katarzyna

no kidding.. i really like the drapy gold fabric, am sucker for gold gowns.. grrrr lol

5. TAK

TAK Member

Lovely dress...would definitely bid if I were either taller or in the market for a new dress, but since I'm neither...

Good luck!

6. Katarzyna

Thank you

7. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I like that dress.... But I think that the small ribcage issue would definitely apply to me lol

8. Katarzyna

think you are close to me, which woudl cut it close.. I can put it on etc, jsut feel restricted on top

9. Katarzyna

Auction ending in less than 24 hours

10. Katarzyna

7.5 hours to go

11. Katarzyna

less than 2 hours price now 305$

12. Katarzyna

half an hour to go, no changes

13. Katarzyna

right now its at less than 1/3rd of what i paid for it, and i have not rented or worn it

14. Katarzyna

sold 355 :(

hope it finds a happy home

15. Me

Me New Member

I'm sorry it didn't sell for more. :(

There have been all kinds of issues lately that have limited the exposure of eBay auctions through outside search engines (Google in particular has been problematic), but one pretty major on-site problem is a glitch where many Comcast users cannot view item descriptions. When buyers view an auction, there is a tremendous blank space in the item description. Sellers are concerned that this has cost them many sales, but last I checked, eBay had not addressed the problem. There is also another problem with Mozilla/Firefox not allowing buyers to go past page one of search engine results.

And then of course you have issues of the "Best Match" default bumping your auction out of view unless the person searching for ballgowns changes the sort to "ending soonest" or "newly listed".

I've noticed lately that I have had very, very few sales on eBay. Only after checking the boards today did I some of these other issues... after I put up some new listings, of course. :doh:

16. Katarzyna

Oh really was not aware about the issues, but this was one of those babies that was sitting home, I guess when I post on ebay I do so that I can just bite the losses and make some space at home.. so am ok... but think economy may have somethign to do with it too, people searching for cheap deals everywhere etc.. some people are asking me to ask sellers if they will want to sell gown for 50% reduction... usualy its a no but people want to check if they can get a deal if they ask for it.

17. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

So sorry such beautiful gown shouldn’t be sold at such low price. Ebay is getting worse, maybe need to check out other places for selling, but who knows where? ... L The economy really not helpful either.

18. Katarzyna

Think big thing is the economy right now. But I guess it makes space on my BIG rack at home for something new :)

19. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

Definitely a beautiful dress. Whoever won that auction got a FANTASTIC deal.

20. Katarzyna

Well I hope they will like it. :)