Salsa > got kicked out of salsa class

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by chook, Sep 19, 2005.

1. OneCentSalsero

OneCentSalsero New Member

Not for nothing chook but your posts about the girls are making me feel uncomfortable....and im a dude

2. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Nope. It's called "Ladies Night". it's no different than charging under 21s more than over 21a tio get in the club and making them wear an armband for identification as to whether or not they can purchase alcohol.

Private club = the right to set their own rules.

And I'm seriously LOL at the guy who is suing "women's gyms" because he can't get in. Does he not realize that most "women only" gyms are the last bastion of PMS talk and ugly women?

3. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Creepy. Seriously.

4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

There are dance studios that will let men in for free to be "dance hosts" because of the overwhelming number of women who show up and have no one to dance with. Works both ways, I'm afraid.

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

here here...in fact they are not only hostile to males but usually more so to attractive fit females (IME)

6. pianoman

pianoman New Member

but isn't there an abundance of follows and not enough leads? at least where *I* live!

So shouldn't we be trying to get more *guys* into the premises?

Chook:
    And why would you learn salsa if you weren't going to dance it in clubs? Where else can you dance it?

And man your posts are creepy... esp. the jap girls part...

I mean I started dancing to meet girls. But the point is, when you start out, you're too terrible to impress anybody. And by the time you're good enough to pick up chicks, you just wanna dance!

7. macha

macha New Member

If you like romance, perhaps you should actually try dating women. You won't get anything accomplished typing to them on the internet.

8. tacad

tacad New Member

:lol:

9. tacad

tacad New Member

Which is cool. I like the romance as well. But just as there's a line that you can't cross when you dance with someone, there's a line you can't cross when describing the romance. Just adjust how you talk about your dance partners that's all. :)

10. macha

macha New Member

Picking up chicks is easy. You put your left hand on the bottom of the cage, gently scoop the little fluffy orvid into it with your right, and cup your hands gently over it. Don't squeeze.

Now, asking women for dances and dates- that's slightly more complicated, as some of us will tear you a new knat for treating us like toys and taking us for granted, even us "un-itty-bitty-Asian girls", for which you have such avarice.

PS- familiar with Asia Carrera?

11. africana

africana New Member

nah, it's better that he's honest and be what he is instead of hiding

12. africana

africana New Member

I should research the cost of an evening at the stripper club where you only get to watch the women without touching them or ....ahem...erm..the other alternative :oops: :lol:
    Just think about it, you go into a salsa club or class and you get to hold and touch all the itty bitty women you want for less than 10 bucks!!! Now that's what I call a bargin :twisted: you're absolutely right! it's too good to be constitutional :lol:

13. tacad

tacad New Member

Not hiding, but exersising some self-discipline. We all (male and female) like to touch and be touched, to hold and be held by people we trust and like. This is no secret. But we have to discipline ourselves to do it in appropriate ways and to talk about it in appropriate ways. This is just part of growing up and dealing with real people in the real world.

14. tacad

tacad New Member

Anyway, I'm hoping that's all it is. The itty bitty girls remark even has me concerned but this is the internet with only short little posts to go by. Not the most complete method of communication.

15. tacad

tacad New Member

Ok. I'm glad you told us that. :)

16. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Looks like everyone does salsa for different reasons. Me, definitely NOT for the men. I love the dance, the music, the party & club atmosphere and the exercise.

Incidentally, my Japanese girl friends, a lot of whom are doctors, teachers and business owners, would be greatly offended if anyone was to refer to them as "itty bitty".

17. tacad

tacad New Member

I hear you. Sometimes we have to go through this junk to get to the other side (and while we go through it everybody jumps on our cases. But that helps us learn.) Talk to a girl. Try not to let your tongue hang out on the floor. :wink: Ask her out.

Have courage.

18. tacad

tacad New Member

Ask her out. Who knows? :wink:

19. liangjz

liangjz New Member

??? Um... are you sure you were kicked out for your ability to dance? Perhaps you pissed your instructor off in some other way...

20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Ok...chook. I give you this...you are being honest...and that does take courage...and I can sense you earnestly want to do the right thing.

So:

1. Dancing with chicks is not the way to get a gf.

2. It is what happens off the dancefloor that creates girlfriends...people that you date.

3. Some of us who like to be touchy feely do so without any romantic interests in mind. Be careful not to equate, for instance, my description of a wonderful night dancing and connecting with a person with that. One Saturday I danced with one girl cha cha and other dances and we connected so beautifully that we got our picture in the paper and all sorts of comments from those who did not know better. However, we never dated, or even considered it as that wasn't why we danced that way. The music spoke to both of us magically, the same way that night.

4. and as tacad said if you are interested in that girl ask her out. Then you will know for sure one way or the other. No point in talking of might-bes. Not worth it IMO.