Salsa > Gotta love gossip.

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by thespina13, Jan 7, 2007.

1. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I know! Josh is so incredibly mean! What are we to do with him??? :shock: :cool:

Just kidding Josh!!! ;)

2. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

Josh ain't mean. Josh is the man.

And Samina, I can personally verify to you that I have the proper number of everything. Before you start calling me creepy. :p

Geez. Now I want ice cream!

AS for what's new on the gossip front... I went dancing tonight. I was planning on practicing with my practice friend (who will never think ill of me), and then accompanying him to the social dancing for maybe an hour before leaving again. I wasn't comfortable and felt really weird going there. When I got there I was suspicious of everyone, keeping an eye out for derisive looks. I was approached immediately by a good friend of mine (and my husband's colleague's son), and asked to dance. I happily accepted and was relieved to rediscover how dancing totally washes away your cares. I was happy. I didn't care who was examining me or what microscope I was under. I was still feeling a little blah, but dancing was good for me.

I decided to experimentally "tone it down" with everyone there. I decidedly did NOT flirt with anyone. For the most part. Soemtimes it was impossible to be just a tiny little bit goofy. But then I pulled it right back in again. Anyone I cared about thought I was being funny. I liked that. It was useful, because I know the safe ones now. Anyone I genuinely liked and had a connection with was genuinely kind and connected back to me tonight. And the dancing was healing. I don't feel utterly rejected, examined and scrutinized. I feel more free and definitely my body/mind is happier, having danced.

Dancing IS good. I'm glad I didn't self-pity me completely out of it.

3. sweavo

sweavo New Member

It means either

a) he's read a book that says "ffs, ask her what she's thinking! chicks go for that stuff!", or
    b) he's hoping you were thinking about whipped cream / handcuffs / some other subject he's too scared to bring up

yes, i AM kidding

4. sweavo

sweavo New Member

Put his phone number on the board, and we'll see about that...

5. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol... I'm always wondered what that meant. I know what it means when a girl says it, but I have been thrown off a few times when a guy has said that to me. ;)

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

no doubt. but it sure would've made a good rumour. haha...

did you ever see the Friends episode where it comes out that back in high school, Ross spread a rumour that Rachel had both... sexes? it was very funny...

7. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yeah that was funny. I loved that show! ;)

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

me too. we have the series on DVD, so it gets a full run in our house at least least once a year.

9. Vin

Vin New Member

OK I'll admit it . . . I have been creeped out when an older woman flirted with me on the dance floor. It wasn't so much that she flirted with me it was the way she flirted with me.

In my case for example I am very particular about who touches my face and butt and very few people can do that without creeping me out(I can count two, and I'm one of them). Then when she was doing this and mentioned having a son about my age I just wasn't feeling the whole Mrs. Robinson vibe I was getting.

I like to flirt on the dance floor, but yes some level of intimacy is reserved for a "special someone" and even moreso some level of intimacy doesn't belong on the dance floor. When I feel those thresholds being crossed it can be creepy.

10. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

*removes Vince from the "to be groped" list*

dang!

11. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

LoL... I'll only touch a face if I've inadvertantly caught a cheek or something with my nail or grazed you accidentally on the floor as a way of apologizing. I'll never touch a butt unless it's stuch right out at me, asking to be touched. Or if mine was pinched by you first.

And I'm not old. I'm 30!! Actually in my experiments last night there was a lot more unwanted stuff coming my way than anything I would naturally express towards others. I mostly follow another's lead.

As far as levels of intimacy on the dance floor, the only thing I can think of is when I'm realllly feeling it and i wind up closing my eyes and forgetting the world exists, especially during a bachata. I can't help it. Half the time I'm thinking about my old home, or my mind drifts back to Greece, or I'm just enjoying the feel of the song and the person I'm dancing with. And anyone I've done that with winds up comeing back for more, time and time again. Then again, it's not these people who are being offended by me. It's more the people who are watching and surmising.

Anyhow. Whatever. I think this particular horse is well beaten. I may have crossed lines, that's fine. I'm making an effort not to, but I think most of it is overreaction because I'm just so darn fabulous.

Hah.

Yeah, Friends rocks.

12. mamboqueen

Fab in my book, dear!

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i'll flirt with my eyes, but my boundaries are very, very clear when i'm out dancing. otherwise, things get complicated. and i so do not enjoy that.

my flirting is very limited in person -- i don't want to send out the wrong signals & be accused of having been misleading.

14. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

LoL... I'm learning that.

15. mamboqueen

a tatoo where you didn't have one the night before?

16. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

this is fun. I'll just answer all your questions with "maybe".

17. mamboqueen

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

error

19. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I'm a naturally smiley person meaning that I'll smile at anyone, which really isn't even flirting in my book. But a guy will know what I don't like. There are some that I've had weird experiences with though, and I just won't dance with them again. And I've made sure to report them whenever possible if it really does freak me out. In one instance, I had no choice but to call him in on it, but apparently he had a reputation already, and I was one of the few that was unaware of it at the time. I mean he was weird. He was even trying to go as far as trying to talk my instructor into setting us up as partners, but my instructor didn't buy into it, and personally didn't want him as his student.