Funstuff and Inspiration > gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

A memorandum that I wrote 3 years ago

2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

See post under Happy/Random.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

oregon....what a beautiful place

4. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

YO. I am grateful for some awesome DF'ers as I continue my quest to get a new smooth dress. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.

5. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

My favorite pair of jeans and sneakers, an old shirt, a comfy sweater, and a sunny day to take a young labrador retriever for a long walk.

6. fascination

a cat who wants to be cuddled at all times...a marriage that has survived everything and is now at the sweetest place...a deepening sense of what really matters in life

dancelvr, 3wishes and j_alexandra like this.
  7. fascination

ibuprofen....the ability to recognize and not repeat the same mistakes....the sun (thank God, welcome back lover)...

FancyFeet likes this.
  8. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Being back on real food. Goodbye, stomach bug, and good riddance!

Dancing Irishman likes this.
  9. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

SO grateful for problems finally coming to a head, being done and over with, and not having to deal with it again.

Loki likes this.
  10. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Am grateful for my medicinal herbs which are keeping my mental and emotional health just a bit more stable and allowing me to focus more on the good things in my life.

11. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Neighbors that gossip with each other. My mom was here, and while trying to help me out with chores bless her heart, let the young labrador retriever out this morning - without his collar. She then came to me in a panic when he hadn't returned after half an hour. So I was out at 7:00 am walking the fields, hollering for the dog. A neighbor - at least 3/4 mile away heard me calling (I guess I have a loud voice) and at the same time saw a dog cavorting with her horse in a pond on her property. She didn't know the dog, but called another neighbor who traps raccoons and knows every animal in the township. He called my house to see if we had a lost dog, and all turned out well.

raindance likes this.
  12. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Taking a moment to be grateful...

It's hard today. Hatred, bitterness, and intimidation is all around. But I refuse to give in...so today I am grateful for my own inner strength, my faith in myself and the one I love, and for the simple truth.

13. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Everything here is amazingly green (including a week old sammich in my fridge, but I digress).

Here's hoping for a non-drought summer.

14. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Yes, it's been legalized in Illinois now too.

15. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Ha-Ha. As a federal employee, I'm forbidden that particular indulgence.

16. Hedwaite

17. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Agreed. The smell of that, once it's been lingering a day or two, is just nasty. Especially in an apartment building hallway with no air circulation.

18. Hedwaite

We had a student who'd smoke it before class, then they were not only too drugged to concentrate, they reeked too. Can't stand it.

19. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

They didn't even have the decency to put on axe after? It's what all the druggies did in my high school. Didn't really cover the smell, but at least they thought they were being sneaky.

Hedwaite likes this.
  20. fascination

I blame this on you