Ballroom Dance > Great Experiences with Ballroom Dance Vendors

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by j_alexandra, Feb 8, 2015.

1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I'm all about hearing about terrific, wonderful, exceeds-your-expectations transactions with vendors of Stuff We Buy as Partner Dancers. GREAT experiences. Please. Just the good ones.

I'll get the ball rolling with my recent online transaction with Tzafora. I'd never heard of them; a Pinterest search for ballroom hair ornaments led me to their website, which had a splendid selection of what looked like quality ballroom accessories. Good photos; good descriptions; great prices. So I took a chance, ordered two hair ornaments.

Four days later, the package arrived. Contents beautifully wrapped, in a nice box with a ribbon and a thank-you card. And the two hair pieces are very well made. I was thinking about making my own, but I cannot be bothered, with this kind of quality and customer service available at that price point. And I've received birthday presents that were less beautifully wrapped. HUGE WIN.

Remember the name. Tzafora. My first really great Vendor Experience. Hope you have some to share.

WildE, samina, s2k and 2 others like this.
  2. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Miari Dancewear:

Ordered a few practice dresses of theirs with the recommendation of a pro, and they've arrived on time, excellent quality... and a pretty good price.

The only downside is that their website doesn't seem as up to date as their brochure they give out is. I know they're relatively new, so it's probably a work in progress. Either way, I'm thrilled with the quality of their practice wear!

Awaiting on their arrival of their 2015 line.

latingal and j_alexandra like this.
  3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Carmen's Danceshoes in San Diego (no pun intended). Fantastic customer service and if they don't have a special shoe, they'll get it for you.
    I've bought 8 pairs from them and unless there's a fantastic deal at a comp, I don't even consider other vendors.

4. s2k

s2k Well-Known Member

I also had a beautiful experience with Tzafora and will never order jewelry from anywhere else again. I cannot possibly top your glowing review, except to add that the customer service was beyond expectations - I had a terrible experience with another vendor and Tzafora went to infinity and beyond to help me. I'll never wear another vendor's jewelry again!

j_alexandra likes this.
  5. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

I, too, am a Tzafora fan. Beautiful pieces.

j_alexandra likes this.
  6. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Hmmm, may have to try this Tzafora's products. Thanks for the info.

s2k and j_alexandra like this.
  7. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

VEDance. Got a pair of Ray Rose's at a comp, they put me in the system. When i re-ordered and didn't get my package as soon as i thought, they responded letting me know I ordered the wrong pair (sport instead of regular), switched it out, and threw in a pair of heel tips. SUPER helpful and so nice at every comp. Which reminds me, it's time for a new pair of shoes...I love my kalaharis but for real do they wear out quick.

WildE, j_alexandra and Sania like this.
  8. scullystwin42

Also, add me to the list of the people who just googled tzafora.

9. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

They do wear out fast - but I love them!

Does VEDance stock the shoes or order them from England?

10. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Like Miari dancewear. I ordered a practice dress. Just wish they had more options/choices.
    Will try Tzafora, but I will put in an endorsement for ballroomjewels.com which is the site for one of our DF ers....great service, great products.

WildE, MaggieMoves and j_alexandra like this.
  11. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Probably a mix of both? They had a large stockpile of boxes at MAC a couple years ago when I went, but I think they're willing to special order as well (though I've never actually bought from them).

12. Dancing Irishman

I'll add mine - ordering directly from Ray Rose. Get a charmingly polite email informing me that my card was declined (I switched numbers on the expiration date - whoops!). I fix it, email them back and get a confirmation that my shoes will still arrive prior to the originally quoted delivery time (they were ready to ship as soon as the charge went through successfully).

latingal, j_alexandra and Sania like this.
  13. s2k

s2k Well-Known Member

Tzafora is a DFer, also! That's how I learned about the business. Love supporting this community!

j_alexandra and sbrnsmith like this.
  14. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Does VE Dance respond to emails? I've tried contacting them twice with no answer.

15. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

I bought a new rhythm dress (well, consignment, but new to me) from Elle Dance at a competition a few years back. They ended up doing on the spot sewing and correction for no additional fees so I could dance in it that night, even standing on the edge of the dance floor and making adjustments between dances. I felt like I had a personal seamstress - it was wonderful! Such wonderful, friendly ladies!

WildE, debmc, 3wishes and 1 other person like this.
  16. scullystwin42

They did to me, often! That sucks they didn't respond to you. And I think they do keep the popular Ray Rose's in stock. My Kalahari was in stock, but not the sport version.

17. Dancing Irishman

They might be doing their beginning of the semester vending circuit with the colleges and not responding as quickly as normal? The one or two times I've contacted them they responded within a day or so.

18. middy

middy Well-Known Member

You could also try them on Facebook. They were recently traveling.

19. jiwinco

jiwinco Active Member

Thank you!! I had no idea that any DFers shopped with me. I appreciate the endorsement! :D

20. MiariDancewear

MiariDancewear New Member

Thank you for mentioning us! Wish you were happier with our assortment - have you seen the new site and collection that launched last month? We always welcome feedback and would love to get your ideas on how we can improve to better serve our customers.