Ballroom Dance > Great Experiences with Ballroom Dance Vendors

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by j_alexandra, Feb 8, 2015.

1. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

Two thumbs up to StarDanceShop!

I ordered a custom smooth dress from them in mid-January. Alice was extraordinarily prompt at replying to my e-mails (I had a couple questions before/during the process). I received the dress this past weekend, within the expected shipping time, and it is absolutely gorgeous and fits perfectly. I am stoked and cannot wait until Showcase to debut it. Would definitely do business with them again in the future!

Also, I had a rhythm dress made last year by DanceShoesOnline dot com, which is where I get all my shoes (also very happy with the shoes). I did not have any e-mail contact (not needed), but was very satisfied with that dress - fit great and delivered as promised. Got lots of compliments on it at the comp and Showcase where I wore it.

(This is worlds away from the very first custom-made dress experience I had, which I had started a thread a year or two ago to ask about and vent my frustrations. Makes me regret that other experience even more).

3wishes and j_alexandra like this.
  2. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Me too. :)

j_alexandra likes this.
  3. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Hope you liked it as much as I did.

4. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I bookmarked the site. :)

j_alexandra likes this.
  5. j_alexandra

I ordered a pair of shoes from Paoul, in Italy, on... Monday. They arrived today.

SERIOUSLY??? That is impressive customer service. And the shoes are beautiful -- but, alas, too long. I will let you know how the returns process goes. Exchange, really. I am deeply in love with these shoes, and want the half size down.

6. Warren J. Dew

Warren J. Dew Well-Known Member

Ordered three pairs of shoes from Freed UK two mondays ago, and they arrived the following Friday.

7. j_alexandra

I have to revise my statement above. I ordered the shoes on Wednesday. They arrived on Friday.

8. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Me three. Just Googled...and I think I found my new jewelry vendor!

9. rels77

rels77 Active Member

I ordered from Tzafora thanks to this thread and just received the coolest new necklace ever! Fast service, adorable packaging with a sweet little note inside. Love it!!!

j_alexandra likes this.
  10. j_alexandra

UPdate on Paoul experience.

Personal email from their customer service rep. Conversation about return -- you need permission to return, can't just stuff the shoes in Priority Mail and send 'em off. Permission granted instantly. I send shoes back, then decide I want to exchange them rather than have my card credited. Exchange handled beautifully.

Color me happy with Paoul!

Sania likes this.
  11. iadancer4kelley

iadancer4kelley New Member

I also ordered from Tzafora because of this thread. The jewelry arrived yesterday and is gorgeous. Customer service, packaging and shipping were all excellent. Love it.

j_alexandra likes this.
  12. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Had a happy customer service experience with Dance America... I ordered a bunch of clearance stuff - a combined order for a few ladies at the studio to save on shipping. I was kept completely up to date on the status of the order, and it shipped promptly. When it arrived, one item had shipped in the wrong size - an XS instead of a small. (Kind of understandable given the range of sizes in the order.) I called, and they appologized for the error, and for the fact that that item was now sold out in size S - and it wasn't a style and colour available in the new collection so they could not substitute. They offered send me a return shipping label and refund the $ for that item... but on finding out that I don't live in the US, they simply refunded the money without requiring the item be returned.

It was the least expensive item in the order, but the way that the error was dealt with was great. Mistakes happen... but dealing with them in a prompt and courteous way goes a long way! They'll be staying on my "will order from" list.

13. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

I have had amazing mail order service from Ballroom Connection in San Jose. They have gone out of their way to get my orders included promptly in shipments from England, they now stock my latin shoe, I have gotten follow up phone calls to advise of additional style options, and they have been knowledgeable about the fit of the shoes they sell.

When I order a shoe they stock it is always shipped promptly and I have it in two days.

I have so far purchased 4 pairs of Ray Rose and one pair of Stephanie from them and cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sania

j_alexandra likes this.
  14. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

I just had a great experience with Eeagal trims -

All email inquiries answered within 1 day

I ordered 12 yards of 2" crinoline - I provided physical address and phone, they called to get my payment info, the trim shipped the same day and I have it in hand two business days later

Shipping was only $5 (another vendor wanted $12 for the same service)

I will definitely consider them next time I need specialty trimming

Miss Silly and j_alexandra like this.
  15. j_alexandra

<bump>
    Aida dance shoes. Tried on shoes at a comp where Ilya was vending. And tried on. And tried on. And on. and on. He was good natured, pleasant, funny -- he had to be funny, considering his Halloween costume was, um, er, creative. In the end, extremely helpful, too. I also registered on his website, which has an interesting "rewards" program.

scullystwin42, Sania and FancyFeet like this.
  16. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

I love it when they're patient as you try on every pair of shoes they have with them! Because, well, sometimes you need to try them all.

Supadance Canada (based in Montreal) has several times let me try on a bunch of shoes at a comp, and once had a certain heel/style/width combination brought from their store to their vendor stand at the comp for me to try - all knowing I wasn't making a purchase that day. It was enough for them that I had bought from them in the past and was making a list of model and sizes for when I next needed to order practice/latin/standard shoes. They even wrote my choices on a card for me. And I used it 6 months later when I called and had them ship some shoes - which I had the next day.

17. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Exactly what I observed.

RiseNFall likes this.
  18. Dancey

Dancey Member

Designs By Lyn - out of Florida. I ordered a consignment Rhythm and Smooth dress from them - both are beautiful and well made, in the US. Their prices are very reasonable, especially with the sale they have been running for the past couple of months. Their customer service is great, very responsive, and they'll take returns of sale items.

A mistake on their part during a website transition allowed me to order a dress they had already sold, but to make it up to me they made me a new one for the consignment sale price. Needless to say I was happy about their mistake :p

j_alexandra and Sania like this.
  19. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

I had great hair and makeup done by Dancecake at the Texas Challenge last weekend. They made me look great and were also fun and personable, with a very artistic eye.

3wishes and j_alexandra like this.
  20. j_alexandra

<bump>
    Great hair and makeup. Lovely people -- kind to the nervous, responsive to email. Listen to what you want. Have great ideas. Not pushy. And hit the sweet spot between "drag queen" and "elegant". http://www.designsbyriveras.com/

They'll be at Tristate, Florida Superstars, Philadelphia, and Millennium, iirc.

Sania likes this.