Tango Argentino > grounded vs heavy. ungrounded vs light

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Zoopsia59, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Mario7

Mario7 Member

I like this.:ladiesma:..only in my experience, there are leg muscles that are at times, in the stance, doing the opposite and pushing the legs
    apart not together in order to hold balance. I don't need to keep pulling the legs together once they are standing together.
    .. comment, please?

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To me this means "the floor is your friend". And to use it, like a swimmer or boat uses the water. For support and for leverage...

3. Mario7

Mario7 Member

I like this a lot too!:ladiesma: And that's exactly how it feels when it's working.

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Mario: It is a personal dance credo of mine... "The floor is my friend... The floor is my friend..."
    :D

5. Mario7

Mario7 Member

Dude, you got it..And I'am your biggest fan!!:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

6. Mario7

Mario7 Member

PS: Senior RAY, I am in San Miguel de Allende mex...not too far from Texas...I have a guest room awaiting you and Milongas are now starting up..

7. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Firstly, I was getting a wee worried about the kissy thingy until I saw that you had given Ray one, too. :cheers: Just kidding.

Secondly, You are correct. The legs have these functions, and, of course, the trick (bane of this thread) is to learn how to maintain the described feeling throughout the movement (using the floor as Ray posted. The answer: proper footwork... inside edges (or does that open another can of worms?).

Speaking of a room in SmdA, I have been trying to locate mi amor in Leon for a while now. When I do, I'll come down.

8. Mario7

Mario7 Member

Crikey! That would be great. We now have good danceable live music for tango at least twice a week, there are a sort of Tango wars starting between competing restaurants...we just need dancers, now.:tongue: