Guilty Pleasures and Cheap Thrills !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Everyone has things that give them cheap thrills! And sometimes it's the most random, mundane thing! Like popping bubble wrap.

Admit it! Get them off of your chest here, whenever you want! Without judging or being judged! Everyone also has guilty pleasures--and I'm not talking about something necessarily risque, as you see from my first few postings in this thread. (Like where I confess my love of "P.U.G." movies. Read on to find out what that means!)

:friend::banana::rocker:

Hey, sometimes cheap thrills are all you've got! :cool:

I was thinking about this when I ran into something that I almost forgot I had: a Best of Jeff Foxworthy CD that I got in a bargain rack. I have to admit that I get cheap thrills from listening to or seeing the guys of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour: Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, and Ron White! Just for kicks and just for yuks! :p
  2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lmao... i think i'll leave my guilty pleasures and cheap thrills off this thread, for the sake of the mods. ;)

tho to be honest... i don't have any pleasures i feel truly guilty about. tho they might be cheap.:cool:
  3. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I also have to confess another guilty pleasure, which causes my reservoir of cheap thrills to runneth over! I get a kick out of Hollywood's "P.U.G." ("pretty ugly girl") movies. These are the ones like She's All That, where lovely Rachael Leigh Cook is considered "ugly" because she wears glasses.

Then Freddie Prinze Jr. takes her glasses off, and (voila!) she's a prom queen candidate!

I... LOVED... IT! :D:banana::rocker::mrgreen::friend:
  4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

cheap thrills: um, most of mine are expensive but let me think for a moment... Oh, yeah:
    Rollercoasters!

Guilty pleasures:
    - really, really good red wine
    - peppermint bark
    - magnificent shoes
    - beautiful lingerie

I think I should stop now, as I'm tiptoeing into mod-walloping territory
    ;)
  5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

$50 for a day at an amusement park is cheap? i'm hanging out with you...:cool:
  6. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

oh we wont go there
  7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Back in my original college days, there was nothing like going on top of roof of the dorm and chucking water balloons at random people--like guys happily running back from the girls dorm! Talk about cheap thrills: for just a few cents, you could have a whole bag of water balloons at the grocery store!!!

:rocker:

And when I was studying Spanish by "immersion", a cheap thrill I had was going to farming areas of Central California (where there were lots of immigrant workers) and ordering things at drive-throughs (before the cashier could even see me) completely in Spanish...
  8. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Samina and Wonder Woman: it does not have to be risque, and it can be a guilty pleasure or a cheap thrill. Haven't you ever tagged someone real good with a water balloon! ;) Maybe that was not a guilty pleasure (as you felt no "guilt")--but it certainly was a cheap thrill!
  9. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Compared to subscriptions to Carnegie Hall/Lincoln Center, theater tickets, or very very good red wine, um, yeah

Hang out w/me any time!
  10. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

A cheap thrill can be the most random, mundane thing. Like what peppermint bark does for JA... :)
  11. wonderwoman

12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

WW, it's one of the best thrills out there! :p
  13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

guilty pleasure: got one... sharp american cheese.

cheap thrill: turning the hot shower to cold. cheap & totally thrilling... :)
  14. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

GOOD ONES!!! :banana:
  15. wonderwoman

Cheese is definitely my guilty pleasure. I can't even pick a favorite.

A good cheap thrill I haven't had in weeks is sleeping in til you have JUST enough time to get ready for work so that you have to run to the car and hope you don't hit every red light. I had that down to an art.
  16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

So many cheap thrills stem from living on the edge like that!

:rocker:
  17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i love cheese, too. but only american cheese might get me into the guilty zone... considering my dietary proclivities.:rolleyes:
  18. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am on record as having cheese issues :)

and lately, like not being able to turn away from a car accident...I cannot turn wife swap off if it is on while I am flicking through the channels...I know, I know , I know...
  19. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

guilty pleasures = sharp cheddar cheese, certain reality tv shows, dirty vodka martinis
  20. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Fascination: Excellent! You perfectly captured the essence of what makes something a bonafide guilty pleasure!

:banana: