Funstuff and Inspiration > Guilty Pleasures and Cheap Thrills !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

ireniecat you posted this a while back (before my time here in Dance Forums)! I'm sure a lot of Dance Forums members do this! ;) Great fun!

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Amanda, I think the huge Denver airport actually has had ballroom dance events. :) Not sure, but I thought I heard that one time. But it would be a sight to see someone dancing at an actual terminal, before boarding their plane... :)

3. Laurie

Laurie New Member

Amanda a post of yours in the "TV" thread made me think of a guilty pleasure of mine: Bridezillas! :notworth:

Oh, cheap thrill? Since joining, I think I'll use more of these: :twisted:

4. dcharmd1

dcharmd1 New Member

i like rewatching Friends over and over again, it makes me feel good somehow

5. Laurie

Laurie New Member

dcharmd1 I do too! It's a great classic show! :notworth: :cool: :p

6. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Bridezillas is great fun!

7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Amy, not sure if that's for me. But I have an open mind and will give it a quick glance one day! *lol* :) The title of the show sounds funny! :cool:

8. Laurie

Laurie New Member

It's great! :evil:

9. Laurie

Laurie New Member

Another guilty pleasure of mine, Wife Swap, is on TV right now. It's fun watching the consequences of the swap! :)

10. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

For those not familiar with the show 'Wife Swap', here is the synopsis from Wikipedia:

Two families, usually from vastly different social classes and lifestyles, swap wives/mothers (and sometimes husbands) for two weeks. In fact, the programme will usually deliberately swap wives with extreme, polar opposite lifestyles, such as a dramatically messy wife swapping with a fastidiously neat one. Despite using a phrase from the swinging lifestyle, couples participating in the show do not share a bed with the "swapped" spouse while "swapping" homes.

During the first week, the new wife must adhere to exactly the same rules and lifestyle of the wife she is replacing. Each wife leaves a house manual which explains her role in the family and the duties she holds. This almost always determines what rules the wives will apply at the "rules change ceremony".

During the second week, the new wives are allowed to establish their own rules, and their new families must adhere to these new household rules. It usually takes a while for the families to adjust to this policy, meanwhile the wives disperse a sum of money to the family they have become immersed in, to do what the wives see fit to spend it on.

At the end of the two weeks, the two couples all meet together for the first time, and the wives, along with their husbands, discuss how they felt about the two weeks. This often descends into personal insults and has degenerated into violence at least twice. More often than not, however, both families reach toward a middle ground and express that they have learned from the experience. Sometimes, the table meeting is a very heartfelt and emotional time for the two families who sometimes have complete and mutual respect for each other. A few weeks later the cameras return to record what changes have occurred since the wife swap.

11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Laurie and Amy, that show is a hoot! :)

12. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

One of my greatest thrills to start off each day is singing in the shower! :p

I turn on the radio in the bathroom, and sing with whatever is playing. This morning, it was "Don't Stop Believing"! (Which I know from Glee, but I'm aware that it's a classic from before that.)

13. Laurie

Laurie New Member

Amanda yes it's great fun! I find myself singing a lot of songs from Broadway shows!

14. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Laurie, like a song from Wicked? :)

15. Kits

Kits New Member

I found my first pair of dance shoes since like from 11 years ago. I put them on and they still fit! They are Gillies so the leather stretches comfortablly. I used to put these on and dance randomly in the kitchen. :D Now I still do!!

16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Amy, lately I've found myself singing the part of Jay-Z's "Empire State of Mind" sung by Alicia Keys...

17. Laurie

Laurie New Member

Almost every morning, I can hear the neighbor dude in the adjacent apartment singing in the shower. He actually sings pretty well; and it makes me smile! :D

18. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

That's so funny!

Peeking at a baby in a stroller.

19. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

I agree wonderwoman, that is funny! And babies are sooo cute! :)

And Laurie, if you can hear your apartment neighbor singing in the shower, it means that he can hear you when you sing in the shower! :)

20. Kits

Kits New Member

And thats why I like to sing a bit louder and have a sing-in the shower competition :p -Althought that would be a tad bit wierd haha...