Funstuff and Inspiration > Guilty Pleasures and Cheap Thrills !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Ha ha, Kits! :)

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

So true, Amy!

3. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

Reruns of Buffy on Logo. So corny.

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

wonderwoman, still--you gotta love 'em! :)

5. Laurie

Laurie New Member

wonderwoman I think that's cool. :) I love reruns of lots of shows!

6. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

I love to watch reruns of shows, including ones that I did not catch the first time, for one reason or another (including being 'before my time'). I like classics like Bewitched and Gilligan's Island. And shows like Friends. On DVD I like Dawson's Creek and The O.C. and One Tree Hill. And Buffy is always fun. :)

7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Amy, Netflix has been most helpful in this regard for me! I've been catching up on many such shows (as I am so often away, and don't see them "real-time"--or else they are older shows, as you said). The last couple of years I've looked into quite a mix that includes How I Met Your Mother, Band of Brothers, Scrubs, and Glee.

:cool:

8. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Ray it's a way to also catch up on cancelled shows like Men in Trees.

My uncle and brother are in the military, and my father served; so I did see Band of Brothers. Good actors and interesting story.

9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Men in Trees was the one with Anne Heche. Yes. Set in Alaska, so it kind of had that Northern Exposure "fish out of water" thing going on. Maybe some SATC, too...

10. Laurie

Laurie New Member

I've been going through Nip/Tuck and SATC.

11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Laurie, I've seen some episodes of Nip Tuck; but not one ever of SATC. I guess for a while the guy equivalent was roughly Oz and then, after that, Entourage... :)

12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

flashdance reminds me that Chuck Norris everything is a real source of thrills! Including the Total Gym infomercials with Christie Brinkley! :)

I read somewhere that he once had a movie called The Octagon that helped bring the Ninja into the mainstream of Hollywood cinema...

I also like listening to Jeff Foxworthy and his Blue Collar friends...

flashdance, this one's for you:

[​IMG]

13. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

There's comfort food. And there's (for me) 'comfort television'. SATC was like that for me and mom, among a few other shows.

14. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Watching the "Tudors" Entire series on DVD and eating a new found chip "Pop" chips - not fried or baked and way way yummy (with no one home of course!). hahahahaha

15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

3 wishes, sounds great! Both The Tudors and the chips! :)

16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Speaking of Chuck Norris:

http: // www. nochucknorris.com/

:peace:

17. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Chuck Norris!

On Wikipedia, I read up on Chuck Norris. Seems like he was the original "Karate Kid". As his bio there explains, "Norris describes his childhood as downbeat. He was nonathletic, shy, and scholastically mediocre. Other children taunted him about his mixed ethnicity (he is part Cherokee Indian), and Norris daydreamed about beating up his tormentors. Norris mentioned in his autobiography that his father had a very serious problem with drinking and "wasn't there" a lot for him growing up."

Well, eventually he became the world's Professional Middleweight Karate champion (which he held for six consecutive years). And then he got into movies. The rest is history!

[​IMG]

18. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Best Ice Cream Sandwich?

[​IMG]

In the online article "Supermarket Standoff: Ice Cream Sandwiches", they had results from posting a question on Facebook and Twitter: "What is your favorite store-bought ice cream sandwich?"

Results:

[​IMG]

#1 Big Daddy
    Nutrition: 1 serving = 270 calories; 10 g fat; 200 mg sodium; 38 g carbohydrates
    Cost: $19.00 for a case of 24
    Blind Tasting Notes: "Cookie retains crunch"; "Better cookie than the others"; "Soft serve-like ice cream"; "Tastes like a real chocolate cookie"

[​IMG]
    #2 Julie's Organic
    Nutrition: 1 serving = 200 calories; 11 g fat; 115 mg sodium; 23 g carbohydrates
    Cost: $2.19 for one
    Blind Tasting Notes: "Sticky cookie is a classic, but slightly funny taste to ice cream"; "Strong vanilla flavor"; "Ice cream tastes a little like Cool Whip"; "Nice balance of ice cream and chocolate"

[​IMG]

#3 Fat Boy
    Nutrition: 1 serving = 220 calories; 9 g fat; 115 mg sodium; 32 g carbohydrates
    Cost: About $4.49 for a box of 6
    Blind Tasting Notes: "Better cookie texture but not enough ice cream", "Ratio off"; "The cookie has a nice chocolate flavor, but ice cream flavor tastes bland"

[​IMG]

#4 Dolly Madison
    Nutrition: 1 serving = 160 calories; 6 g fat; 150 mg sodium; 24 g carbohydrates
    Cost: $3.69 for a box of 6
    Blind Tasting Notes: "Cookie tastes kind of strange"; "Artificial tasting"; "Has a weird tang to it"; "Reminds me of the ice cream sandwich I grew up with"; "Soft chocolate-y crust"

#5 Skinny Cow
    Nutrition: 1 serving = 140 calories; 1.5 g fat; 135 mg sodium; 30 g carbohydrates
    Cost: $5.59 for a box of 6
    Blind Tasting Notes: "Flavorless"; "A little cloying"; "Too sweet"; "Ice cream tastes artificial/chemically"; "No chocolate taste"; "Tastes like diet ice cream"

#6 Tofutti Cuties
    Nutrition: 1 serving = 130 calories; 6 g fat; 121 mg sodium; 17 g carbohydrates
    Cost: $4.99 for a box of 8
    Blind Tasting Notes: "Yuck! Could barely take a bite of this. Also a super weird color"; "Bleh"; "Weird texture"; "Tastes like sweet Styrofoam"

Full article:

http: // shine. yahoo.com /channel/food/supermarket-standoff-ice-cream-sandwiches-1792514/

19. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Ray, Chuck salutes you! :cool:

I really love his films, not watched 'The Octagon' yet.. have most of his films... must admit his cheesy mid-80's stuff is the best!

20. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Chuck Norris Fights a Ninja!

A clip from the Chuck Norris movie The Octagon that I found on YouTube.

Here, starting at the 1:05 mark, Chuck fights a ninja! Chuck shows off his skill with a sword in this, too! Impressive...

http: // www. youtube . com /watch?v=mBwRbxnH0hM :cool: