Funstuff and Inspiration > Guilty Pleasures and Cheap Thrills !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, Mar 13, 2010.

1. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

:shock:

very glad I've not patronized McD in many years......

2. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

you'n me both, sistah. but i would fathom a guess that it's both a guilty pleasure *and* cheap thrill for many a DFer. ;)

4. wonderwoman

ME! lol

5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

<rolls eyes, twiddles thumbs, whistles...>

Trade you for a vanilla cake:friend:

6. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

late night/all night classic black and white movies enjoyment until the wee hours while dunking Oreo cookies in milk and eating every last one of them, afterwards - sleeping until ....... (of course none of this takes place until DH is on a road trip! lol).

7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Very close to my own heart! I love all of this!

:banana::bouncy::notworth:

8. wonderwoman

I have a thing sort of like that except its comedies and its until i run out of wine or beer lol

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

deal :cool:

add that the list of goodies we need to make for each other, lol.

10. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Yes, sometimes cheap thrills help you make it through the day!

11. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Hmmm...not sure if these belong in the cheap thrills or guilty pleasures category...

A deep, scaldingly hot bubble bath at the end of the day with a good drink or two in hand.

Taking a nap in the middle of the day, in summer, with the windows wide open, just feeling the breeze on my skin and hearing all sorts of outdoor noises.

Just sitting in the shower and letting hot water run over me.

Fast food french fries. Om nom nom. (I pay for that one later, but oh well.)

Buying another nail polish (in a wild color), or lip gloss (yet another pinky-brown one)...for as cheap as I can find it. And along those lines, painting my nails a variety of colors.

Being nekkid (or nearly so) at home. I'm not a fan of wearing clothes. Love summer time when I practically live in an oversized t-shirt.

Croissant, warmed, with nutella.

Good coffee (very strong, very smooth) with actual table cream. Mmmm...

I love Cool Whip. I know it's about the most horrible, completely fake stuff in the world, but I still love it. I like to get the fat free kind and just keep it in the freezer for nibbling. Guilty pleasure: getting out the container, having a bite or two, and putting it back in the freezer with the spoon in.

Leaving my clothes on the bathroom floor. It drives DH nuts, which is an added bonus.

"Torturing" my cats. Petting them backwards, very lightly touching their paw fur while they're sleeping, putting produce stickers on them, picking them up and "playing them like an accordian" (sp?), "chewing" on their ears, etc.

While wearing socks, getting a running start and then sliding on wood floors.

Rolling down hills.

Laying in the snow.

12. wonderwoman

You're like a little kid.

Blowing bubbles

13. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Good ones, Peaches! Often there are overlaps between "cheap thrills" and "guilty pleasures"!

Explaining how you gently (hopefully!) play your cats like accordions made me smile and laugh!

:artsy:

14. Peaches

Always gently. Mostly I just pick them up in such a way that they're flat on their backs with their paws straight up in the air. Usually I'll nibble their belly first, then hug them a little closer so their shoulders/hips come closer together, then are further apart. Repeat, until the cat makes a desperate attempt to get down. Set cat down, pet, repeat. Get scratched. Stop repeating.

Oooh...here's one now. Here, kitty kitty kitty!

15. Peaches

In some ways, very much so.

Oooh, thought of another one: animated kids movies. I love them. And chick flicks/romantic comedies...love those, too.

Oh, and romance novels. So horrible, so amusing.

16. wonderwoman

I love Finding Nemo!

17. wonderwoman

Hospital cafeteria food. Its always salty greasy comfort food and I like not having to bring a lunch or go out anywhere to get a meal.

18. Peaches

One that I love (but rarely have the opportunity to do anymore) is dipping good Italian bread in homemade sauce as it's cooking. Just dip in pot of sauce and eat, ideally burning my tongue. (I don't enjoy the burning part, but it's traditional.)

Added bonus: it drives my mom nuts! :)

19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Going into a dollar store, and asking how much something costs! :spam:

20. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

A bit of a cheap thrill today: Been so pressed at work--including all-nighters (in the wake of a hectic midterm week), so I just ate what they had on hand here: a Lean Cuisine (not bad, as I was famished, but wouldn't have too often) and a brain cell-killing, aspartame-flavored diet Dr. Pepper. Kind of fun just feeding my face like that without thinking about it, like a work/study robot...

But I need to slow down and breathe! :cool: