Funstuff and Inspiration > Guilty Pleasures and Cheap Thrills !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, Mar 13, 2010.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

skorts and thin scoop neck T's....

2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oooh, good one. Especially as the weather gets warmer.

Sort of along the lines of my not liking clothing... In the summer time I love tops that leave my shoulders bare, and as much of my back as possible. I have a handkerchief shirt which I LOVE for that reason (as well as halter tops). Nothing but a thin tie around my neck, and a thin tie around my back...but other than that completely bare down to my waist.

3. New in NY

New in NY New Member

I have to get dressed up and made up every weekday to go to the office, so for me, yoga pants and a comfy cotton T, glasses, no makeup and hair up on a Saturday or Sunday at home is heaven. Just please don't stop by my house without calling first.

4. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Too funny... I could show up in PJs to my office and nobody would care. You have no idea how quickly you can let yourself go in that kind of environment... so my guilty pleasure is taking a few days here and there to really dress up and knock 'em dead :D

5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Jelly donut

6. Peaches

Donut, period.

7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Yes, but it was a jelly donut that I jsut stole from sales. :)

8. Peaches

Perfect. Guilt, cheap, thrill and pleasure...all rolled into one!

9. New in NY

New in NY New Member

That is funny. I guess the grass is always greener ...

10. CANI

CANI Active Member

Uh, oh...soon I'm going to have to revise my whine to "do not read any posts by etp...do not read any posts by etp..." ;) Jelly donuts were a delicious treat for me at one time...then I kinda got away from them, they didn't appeal anymore...reading your post, I'm now craving one!

(And, you know I'm just kidding around -- I like reading your posts...:D)

11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

CANI, since you are probably visual, like me:

[​IMG]

from www . about-recipes.com / imgrec / 302758-Raspberry-Filled-Jelly-Doughnuts.jpg

12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

In-N-Out Burger

Another guilty pleasure, that originated in L.A., and you've got to try when you are out west: In-N-Out Burger. A New York Times article (referenced below) says, "In-N-Out, founded on the West Coast in 1948, is that rarest of chain restaurants: one with a cult following. Exalted both by hamburger fans and those who normally shun fast food, it has built its reputation on the rock of two beliefs: fast food should be made from scratch, and the whims of the customer should be entertained."

"There are no freezers, microwaves or heat lamps at any of them. None of the food is ever frozen, no meal is prepared until the customer orders it, and nothing costs more than $2.50. The fries are cut by hand in the store, rather than being machine-cut, fried, flash-frozen, vacuum-sealed and shipped hundreds of miles from a processing plant. The shakes are made from ice cream."

[​IMG]

Article from www. nytimes.com / 2002 / 08 / 14 / dining / the-secret-behind-a-burger-cult.html?sec=travel

Picture from lovetoloveit . files.wordpress.com / 2008 / 04 / inandout.jpg

13. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

Starbucks lattes. Do I need a five dollar cup of coffee? Not really but I think it tastes like heaven.

14. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Oh My GOSH! Thanks Ray for the In-N-Out support. Also, look up the 100 secret code words to the In-N-Out menu

15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Scent of a Woman's Perfume

The scent of a woman's perfume, drifting in my direction at an unwary moment. Good perfume. I credit Peaches and ETP on another thread for drawing this out of me--at another unwary moment!

As a gift, some time ago I bought the Herve Leger Eau De Parfum, pictured below. As you see, the bottle has an interesting curved form.

From the recent past, I have one lingering perfume memory. I was at the TCU Barnes & Noble college bookstore, looking at blank journal books. Then, literally from behind me, a subtle fragrant scent flowed my way, like a gentle zephyr. I turned around, and it was from the pretty strawberry blonde Texas belle that worked there (she was sorting out a book display). It helped to redeem a day that I had almost rued...

[​IMG]

Herve Leger is described as follows:

"The scent opens with the sparkling, fruity notes of Chinese osmanthus flower, water jasmine and black currant blossom. The soft purple orchid and the rich, feminine scent of matthiola follow. A voluptuous fusion of heliotrope, vanilla and precious sandalwood finish."

image and description from www . valentineperfume.com / Herve-Leger-Perfume-for-Women-1.7-oz-Eau-De-Parfum-Spray-p-23191 . html

16. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

Fireworks!
    Well they may not be cheap technically but they are usually free to watch!

That made me think of...
    chasing fireflies!

17. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I love these!!!!! Love, love, love these!!!! :bouncy:

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

can't believe it, but i actually stopped on my way home this evening at a dunkin donuts for a jelly donut...:shock:

talk about the power of suggestion! i can see i may have to start ignoring your posts... :tongue:

19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

*lol* :)

20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Definitely blame it on Ray, not me. :)