Funstuff and Inspiration > Halloween Costume Plans?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by DanceMentor, Sep 29, 2013.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

It's just a month away from Halloween now, and I thought might be fun to discuss past and future Halloween costumes, especially those costumes that you can still dance it reasonably well. What comes to mind?

2. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Sweatshirt and jeans. I'll be at work. :rolleyes:

3. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

There's always a witch's hat added to a black dress, but I think my fav danceable Halloween costume was black leggings, leopard-print tunic and kitty ears. Might just wear that one again this year.

4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I'm going to any Hallowe'en things, but I recently bought a sailor dress that makes a great jive costume.

5. WhiteFox

WhiteFox New Member

Scottish Bagpipe costume :)

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

you know, this is one of those things about dance studios that I will never understand...I guess I should chalk it up to being a collection of people who are more likely than the average group to want to dress up or wear costumes or express themselves.... but I will never fathom the need for themed parties every single week...I get that halloween is a time honored thing, but at all of my local studios, darn near every party is themed...I find it annoying....end highjack...one year I went as my first pro...which was ...lol...lots of fun....I dyed my hair black and slicked it back...got some glasses, wore and oversized hawaiian shirt and those awful black annd white shoes he loves so much....he took it well...if I were to do something for a party again, which I doubt, I would probably opt for tinkerbell, because I love her and one of my latin outfits would make a good facsimile of her tunic...so the rest would be easy...but my first choice would always be to skipit...kill joy...I know

7. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Frankenstein's Dance Monster. Green skin, neck bolts, stichings on my forehead ... and my competition getup.

dancelvr and nikkitta like this.
  8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Well I haven't figured out exactly what I am going to be... but in the meantime I am making my husband a Witch Doctor outfit and the entire house exterior is being transformed into a haunted cemetery. We are also putting on a dance production in our front yard for several nights leading up to Halloween, featuring several of my highschool friends, a bunch of cops, and a group of kids from a community service organization.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    3wishes likes this.
  9. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

One of the simplest ideas I saw years ago was a lady dancer wearing a sexy blue dress... with devil horns. Devil with a Blue Dress On :D

fascination and Larinda McRaven like this.