Dancers Anonymous > Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Well, this Latin guy is in the top 8; does that count as an early exit? I have never watched the show or paid attention to it at all, so I'm asking in all sincerity.

IndyLady likes this.
  2. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

This year they only have a top 10 (so 2 have been eliminated so far). Historically it has been a top 20, and the ballroomers always seem to be gone within the first 5-7 eliminations. I should probably confirm that with actual data, but I don't think a ballroomer has ever made it to the top 3-5, for example.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Benji schwimmer won season 2 and Heidi finished fourth .

4. Mr 4 styles

Kiki has no chance this year

IndyLady likes this.
  5. Mr 4 styles

Lacey schwimmer 4th pasha kovalev(as in pasha and Anya) 5 th season 3

Ballroom peeps get creamed thereafter. Dmitri Chaplin 8 his season. Jenna Johnson 8th her season

6. Mr 4 styles

Whitney Carson top 6. Third best girl season 9. Format change with a male and female winner that year. Lindsay Arnold top 8 fourth best girl same year

7. j_alexandra

why not?

8. Mr 4 styles

Logan lex and koine are sick!!!! Kiki.... Not so much

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  9. IndyLady

Mr4s has already answered, but I agree as I would say that Kiki does not have the look nor the personality/charisma. I'm a little surprised he made top 10. I'm willing to be proven wrong though, especially since the bottom 3 this week included two of my favorites and people I actually thought would go relatively far.

Hopefully this is not a spoiler but one of the ballroomers (Taylor) was eliminated last week.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  10. j_alexandra

Kiki. Last night's show. Deeply surprising; I never knew he had that kind of showmanship in him. Plus, the camera loves him. Plus, he even managed the hip hop pretty well. Plus, he has great teeth. Plus, with those nerdy/chic glasses, he doesn't seem like an arrogant creep. I've got my hope on. And I've never watched this show before, loathe "reality" television, can't stomach DWTS etc.

(full disclosure: friend of the family)

Sania, cornutt and MaggieMoves like this.
  11. IndyLady

Just want to say... I am pleasantly surprised to have been wrong. tbh, I don't get what the draw is - he doesn't have that "it" factor for me, but I'm thrilled to see a ballroom dancer in the finals. (FWIW I'm only halfway through Monday's episode on my DVR, in case these comments seem out of date).

Mr 4 styles and j_alexandra like this.
  12. Mr 4 styles

Ballroom nation is voting like never before. That's why Kiki is still in there. And he's gotten better

j_alexandra likes this.
  13. j_alexandra

I usually just watch the videos on the SYTYCD FB page the next day. This was the first time I watched the actual show.

Am curious if your opinion changes, after you see all the dances.

14. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

I ran away to Alaska ;)
    [​IMG]

cornutt and MaggieMoves like this.
  15. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Silver Smooth finally! I’m so excited!

16. Mr 4 styles

Leg division..... just sayin

17. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

I always seem to end up with a nonzero remainder . . . .

cornutt and Mr 4 styles like this.
  18. j_alexandra

Random: it always gets so quiet around here, when it's OSB time.

Purr, Mr 4 styles and cornutt like this.
  19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It's been quiet in general lately.

Purr likes this.
  20. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

So happy thought...hope to go dancing tonight...first time in a couple of weeks since I sprained my little toe...the base of the toe is still a little sore, so I'll probably tape the toe to its neighbor before I go out...won't know how it goes until I try, and I am tired of not dancing...

cornutt, IndyLady and RiseNFall like this.