Dancers Anonymous > Happy and or Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Swing Kitten, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I just love you cornutt

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Thank you, sweetie. :kissme: Any time you need you washer worked on, just let me know. ;)

This washer is 14 years old, so I guess it's about time it needed some work. We need to string it along for about one more year, until our finances recover from the house building. Then we'll buy a new washer and dryer, and this set will be banished to the basement to wash yard clothes.

3. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

One tip about washers, don't buy the kind that you open from the side if you live in an apartment. I learned this last year when mine started to overflow. The first thing that they said to me was that the washers that load from the top is better, so that's what I've got now lol.

4. cornutt

Those of us that grew up in the '50s and '60s learned about front-loading washers. I can't tell you how many times I saw neighbor's garages and laundry rooms that got flooded when their front-loader quit mid-cycle and they had to open the door and let all the water out to retrieve the clothes. Even though they are a lot more reliable now, my DW would not consider having a front loader.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

How about those new, high-tech front loaders? I can't imagine they'd be a problem. It looks like they're engineered to prevent overflow, even in the event of a malfunction. Hmm... :?

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I think that the latest front loaders were the energy efficicient money saving ones. OR that's what I've read...hmmm...

7. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Well, thankfully I'm not the only person that happened to lol! The overflowing is really bad, because mine ended up going to the bottom floor, but thankfully the people had sinks below my washer, so they didn't think anything of it lol. And the smell when one overflows made me really sick. I had to open up everything just to get some air in. It was the worst!

8. pygmalion

Random thought. It is absolutely the most gorgeous day I've seen in a very long time. Beautiful!! :D

9. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I swear that when I read the first line I thought you had taken part in some sort of apocryphal sex rituals. :uplaugh:

T_E

10. Twilight_Elena

Hm. We've got a front loader, and we've never gotten a flood. And the baby must be 12 years old, the least.

T_E

11. fascination

given what I know about him...they no doubt DID...atop the washer;)

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Mine was old too, because it was my mom's before she gave it to me. Hmm... maybe I should have thought more about why she was giving me the gift before I took it in the first place lol! :p

13. pygmalion

Hehe! :lol: Don't look a gift washer in the mouth. :wink:

14. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

It was!! I went riding for a couple hours on my scooter. :)

15. cornutt

What do you think "top loader" really means? You didn't think I was talking about a washing machine, did you? ;)

16. pygmalion

ROTFL!! :lol:

17. cornutt

Been an absolutely gorgeous Easter weekend here too. My DW has to go in to work for a while. While she's gone, I'm going to go downtown and walk and take a few pix.

18. sonus

sonus New Member

Random Thought: If you intend to shoot yourself in the foot, best to do it BEFORE you stick it in your mouth! ;^]

19. Twilight_Elena

Ew, no feet in my mouth. They've swept the entire ballroom dancefloor.

T_E

20. fascination

I KNEW you were going to say something like that as sure as the sun rises in the east...lol:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.