Dancers Anonymous > Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by mamboqueen, Nov 22, 2006.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday.

We are home this year with my mother and stepfather. My kids are thrilled. The kitty isn't looking quite as happy, though ;)

Enjoy!

2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving, all!!

Wishing everyone happiness (or at least contentment), comfort and peace. With a side dish of some family-craziness thrown in.

We're at home this year, with people coming over. Should be interesting.

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Thanks MQ & Peaches! Backatcha...

Wishing everyone on DF a happy & restful holiday weekend! :)

Samina

4. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

A Happy Thanksgiving to All! Hope it's filled with warmth, family, good friends, and all your favorite dishes. Pass the pumpkin pie someone!

5. reb

reb Active Member

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I was inspired while on the ballroom area and started a happy thanksgiving thread and thennnnn heard about this - oops!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

7. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Paula

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

okay...so the turkey and the sweet potatoes are in my very small oven...fringe benefit is DH has been watching food network and agrees we need a 6 burner industrial one...anyhow, wringing hands...sweet potatoes too close to top heating element and the stuffing that isn't in the bird can't even go in yet...cornbread, onion, water chestnuts jalapenos and cranberries, btw..will see

9. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Happy Thangsgiving Everyone! :cheers:

10. DancePoet

Hmmm ... cooking already, huh?

I made dinner. Porkchops with a flour coating mixed with parsely, chili powder, ground red pepper, and onion powder. Also tater tots and corn.

Served this with Coto De Hayas 2004 Tinto, Bodegas Aragonesas, from Spain.

The SO made two pumpkin pies and corn bread for stuffing. The rest will happen tomorrow. :D

11. mamboqueen

My mother arrived with bourbon/kaluha sweet potato casserole, stuffing, cranberry relish, pumpkin pie, sugar cookies, cranberry cake. I made a roasted vegetable with parmesan pecan gremolata (sp?). So, not much left to do tomorrow. AMEN! We cook the turkey in a deep fat fryer, so oven space is not an issue. We have a few friends who grill their turkey, too. Haven't had it that way...but sounds like a plan. My husband had to go buy a tarp as he'll be outside with the deep fat fryer...in the rain.

12. mamboqueen

and if my mother tells me I look too thin one more time !!!!

13. DancePoet

Sounds wonderful! :D

14. fascination

well, here's the thing ...dad's oven is small and s-i-l is gonna need it for her crap ...so I have to have everything (turkey, gravy, stuffing , sweet potatoes, greeen bean casserole, rice pudding, jello mold, jello jigglers) all good to go before we leave....am going to bed soon...exhausted...praying dh and son remeber to baster hourly over night...shouldn't be a problewm since son now has a wii(?) and has therefore given up sleep...happy day to all tomorrow

15. fascination

ayuh, lol

16. DancePoet

The SO and I will be sneaking out for an early breakfast with my parents, waffles, strawberries, and whipped cream. Then back, if possible, before her 15 yr old awakes, and then we cook the turkey and the rest. And of course watch some football. :D

This year is going to be low key. Just the three of us for dinner since our invite to her daughter's family was declined. No big deal.

I like it when Thanksgiving isn't the same every year. :cool:

17. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Best wishes for all.

Missing the Thanksgiving with family after all. :-( Cracking the whip on the contracters though, plus having lnunch with ex-housemate and her grandmother after all...and she is coming to stay with me for a couple days...plus a latin/pop/rock dance on FRiday with her.

Life ain't so bad after all.

18. Laura

Laura New Member

Damn that sounds awesome. I roasted a bunch of sweet potatoes earlier, let them cool and pushed them through a ricer, then beat them with lime juice and salt. It's a low-key way to do the old SP's.

This year I'm going to a friend's place. She's had some health problems so I'm basically cooking half her family's feast for her. I love to cook. My future ex-husband has taken off for the mountains with some friends. One thing I'm going to miss about this holiday this year is making cookies with my future ex-mother-in-law the day after Thanksgiving, drinking bourbon and ginger ale together all the while :)

Anyway, the pumpkin pie is in the oven now. I used the kind of canned coconut milk that one would use for making Thai food instead of evaporated milk. I think I've done this before...don't recall.... Now it's time for the final thing: Corn Chowder with Smoked Cheddar Cheese. I was going to do it tomorrow, but I just read the recipie and it seems really straightforward, and I really want to get all the cooking done tonight so that tomorrow will be about drinking, reheating, eating, drinking, more eating, watching movies, drinking, eating, etc.

19. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

already? if she was just starting to cook now, she'd be running behind if it's anything like my house..... cooking started on tuesday over here! (it's times like these that I wonder how I'm not 500lbs, lol)

20. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

Oh, and how could I forget......

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!! :D