General Dance Discussion > HELP! I don't have a crush on my dance instructor, and I need advice!

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by wooh, Nov 27, 2014.

1. tancos

tancos Active Member

I've always cringed at the thought of what would happen if you tried to do a heel click in glass slippers ;)

2. tancos

tancos Active Member

One evening at a dance workshop I was walking back to my cabin and there was a bra on the ground (obviously it had fallen out of someone's laundry basket). Nevertheless, I couldn't help but think of the Cinderella story...

twnkltoz likes this.
  3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

A very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.

dancelvr and Bailamosdance like this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Going to hell?? So long as they have pro am down there :eek::eek:

Wannabee and IndyLady like this.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

they most assuredly do

SwayWithMe and Mr 4 styles like this.
  6. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Every heat is peabody though.

7. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

And you don't ever have enough hell currency to participate.

8. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

But a bonus is that it's easier to use those hot fix rhinestones.

scullystwin42 and j_alexandra like this.
  9. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

But they won't stay on because the glue can never cool enough to set.

j_alexandra likes this.
  10. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

Dancing is allowed in hell, but only line dancing. It is hell, after all.

11. leee

leee Well-Known Member

Make room for... an eternity of damnation and suffering.

12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Hey! I like Peabody. Pity so few places teach it.

j_alexandra likes this.
  13. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Hey! I heart peabody!

Loki likes this.
  14. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Oh, sure, it seems like a fun dance now, but after the five thousandth straight heat of it?

(Feel free to replace the joke with polka or other dance that you might prefer.)

15. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

The heat, Coral.

THE HEAT.

wooh likes this.
  16. demoiselle

demoiselle Active Member

Wow, are people really this creepy? I haven't been around enough to have seen one of these people at the studio (or recognize it if I did).

17. Hedwaite

Oh, no. They're usually much much worse, and when you walk in, they turn it up just because they know it gives you the vapors.

18. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Yes. *I*, for one, am this creepy. But I pay my bills, and I don't get scared off by lessons on technique, and I've outlasted a LOT more students who come into the studio and claim that they are serious about learning to dance - so for better or for worse, the proprietors of the studio let me stick around, even if my dancing skills don't reflect the effort that I put in. But it does make me cranky/creepy at times.

Loki and RiseNFall like this.
  19. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Demoiselle, I can't bring myself to read back through the pages of this thread to give you a real answer. Much of this thread is over the top, but there are definitely elements of truth to a lot of it. Lots of students get jealous of their teacher's relationship with other students and, for example, count how many dances are given to each student at a dance. The parts directly about crushes apply to non-teachers as well (thinking some innocent comment on the crushee's part means more than it does, for example). There are definitely students out there who think they matter the most to their teacher because they spend more money, dance better, or both. And that they deserve preferential treatment for that reason. And there are teachers who do give students like that preferential treatment.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  20. Hedwaite

Don't clutch those pearls too tightly, people.

Loki and dancelvr like this.