General Dance Discussion > HELP! I don't have a crush on my dance instructor, and I need advice!

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by wooh, Nov 27, 2014.

1. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

OMG U R killing me.

j_alexandra and IndyLady like this.
  2. Rhythmdancer

Rhythmdancer Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I have to. It's kind of hard to root out the actual trolls in this thread so I am doing you guys a favor by writing response people won't dare dignify.

SwayWithMe likes this.
  3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

The number one reason people walk in a dance studio is for a wedding prep.
    But being part of a community, a social network, creating and developing friendships. That is the number one reason people continue to go to a dance studio.

LDD, scullystwin42, samina and 6 others like this.
  4. leee

leee Well-Known Member

dats ok u will alwys haz teh cheezburgrs.

5. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

I agree. Very well stated.

6. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Right- I was just paraphrasing OP's post because I wasn't sure I was reading it right.

7. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Hmm. I believe you because you are in the business, but I would have said quality of instruction was the #1 reason to continue at a dance studio and the factors that you cite would be strong secondary reasons.

debmc likes this.
  8. twnkltoz

It really depends. Group lesson students and Saturday night dancers are probably more interested in the comfort factor of friendships and familiar surroundings. Serious competitors would be more interested in the quality of instruction.

Mr 4 styles and Loki like this.
  9. It's me.

It's me. Member

OK at first some friendship and secondly some partnership :p I still believe that it is better just to have a flirt that goes nowhere, a crush or even a relationship with someone that you dance with. I dance with a very good friend btw who knows that nothing will ever happen between us, but we still flirt and it's very funny...

10. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Different people dance for different reasons.

It's me. likes this.
  11. Rhythmdancer

Rhythmdancer Well-Known Member

Theres a fine line; I compete and don't care for the instruction at this one studio but I enjoy social dancing there and take lessons elsewhere. I buy the product and spend it else where basically.

I stay the hell from crushes and dance related relationship things at the places I go because I don't like to poo where I eat. Some people will stop dancing period because they had a falling out with someone at a studio or with their dance instructor over perceived or real crushes.

Oh yeah obligatory nonsensical text: I knt g0 dnzin ne more cuz mai krsh maight hv seen mai nghty prtz. we no lnger tlk but itz k00 kuz i g0t dinner out of it kekeke ^_^

twnkltoz and It's me. like this.
  12. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

well I did say "a studio" not "the same studio"

13. twnkltoz

Yeah... I already have one ex in the dance community. I don't need more. I date elsewhere.

It's me. likes this.
  14. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Don't dig your latrines upriver from where you get your coffee water. (To paraphrase William Holden.)

wooh and twnkltoz like this.