Ballroom Dance > [Help] Italy

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by mothers love, Sep 30, 2005.

1. mothers love

mothers love New Member

Traveling to Rome, Italy

I'm going to Rome in November and I'm having a difficult time finding any info regarding dancesport in Rome. I would like to find any dance stores, shoe stores, studio, or anything related while I'm there. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help
    Cher[/b]

2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Learn Italian? :D

3. Alskling

Alskling Member

Re: Traveling to Rome, Italy

You might try Googling on "danza sportiva", which is the Italian equivalent for dancesport.

4. TaintedMantis

TaintedMantis Member

Dancing in Italy

I'll be on my way to Milan for a month in July, and I'd like to know if there are places where they teach dances in English. If there's anybody out there with any idea of what Milan's dance scene is like, it'll be great!

(Guess that the worst comes to it is that I'll end up learning some salsa instead.)

5. LemonMerengue

LemonMerengue New Member

Dancing Schools In Italy

Hey, Do any of you know of any dancing schools in Italy? I will be moving there next year and would like to study dancing. I don't really know how I should go about looking for one, should I be looking for Schools of Fine Arts? Or are there any exclusively for dancing? Any info would be really helpful!
    Thanks!

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

7. LemonMerengue

LemonMerengue New Member

Thanks!!

Thank you so much, it was exactly what I looking for!!!:D

8. Hearts

Hearts New Member

Italy dance studios?

Does anyone know where some of the italian coaches teach in Italy? Names of studios and locations ect.???

9. rainerng

rainerng Member

10. Tanguera

Tanguera New Member

You can find all Italian teachers on this website: http://www.anmb.net/ wich is the website of Italian Association of Ballroom Teachers. Unfortunatly, there's not an English version... :( Tell me what you need (which town or region, for example), and I'll search for you. :)

Or you can try to search by surname here: http://www.anmb.net/albosoci.jsp

11. Yuan Ren

Yuan Ren New Member

Ok. It's happening. I am moving to Florence, Italy in a few months. I tried to research on the ballroom scene there, but was very unsuccessful.

If anyone knows anything about ballroom in Italy, please please please let me know.

Studios
    Coaches
    Websites
    Partner Search
    Competition Schedule

If anyone is in Italy right now, please contact me.

12. Bella

Bella New Member

Hey Yuan. There's an event held in Italy for tryouts tomorrow. I'll PM you the email of the organizer and maybe he can direct you.

13. Rumbalicious

Rumbalicious New Member

The organizer of the partner tryouts is Augusto Schiavo. There is an Arthur Murray studio in Florence. He, Brigita Elksne, and TONS of dancers at all levels in Italy are on Facebook.

14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Lucky you - with all their super dancers it must be quite the scene and opportunity. While we hear a lot about England we hear rather little from other countries - perhaps its the language thing.

Anyhow, please give us updates and let us know what its like - access, partners, costs, parties - everyting :)

15. QPO

QPO New Member

Yes. so many of the top dancers are from Italy so there must be something happening there...We need to create a page or listing of where you can dance in each country so when we all travel we know where we can go. The last time we were in Europe we had great difficulty trying to find somewhere to dance and there must be plenty of places.

16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

BTW what will you do there? Its totally gorgeous but I think its also a relatively small town (least it was when I visited umpteen years ago). I wonder if it has a ballroom scene.

17. waltzguy

waltzguy Active Member

I believe Luca Baricchi has a studio somewhere in Italy. He has a website, just search for it.

18. Yuan Ren

Yuan Ren New Member

Thanks for the posts guys. There are really helpful.

I am going for graduate school. I am very excited about it. Hopefully I will find someone/somewhere to dance with/at. I will definitely keep you guys posted.

19. Bella

Bella New Member

Take Rumba's suggestion regarding FB. Several guys have contacted me through that about tryouts.

Did you contact Augusto?

20. Yuan Ren

Yuan Ren New Member

Hi Bella,

I sent an email to Augusto, no reply so far. I guess he is probably very busy organizing the tryouts.

Could you please add me on FB? Thanks.

Yuan