Dancers Anonymous > Help the Dance Forums

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Jan 11, 2004.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

The Dance Forums is getting very popular, and we have a great community here. I'm so happy to be a part of it, and as the administrator of the site, I am committed to making it the best that it can be.

I've invested approximately $500 over the previous year in programming and hosting fees, all because I want to see this place do well. And most importantly, I have kept the Dance Forums free of commercial advertising. I've even been accused of being "Big Brother" when it comes to policing the forums to make sure we are not promoting commercial sites, but instead promoting a great dance community where everyone's question gets answered, and everyone feels a part.

I have to tell you that we are pushing 15 Gigabytes of bandwidth this month (most websites rarely surpass 1 Gigabyte), and we don't even have a very graphic intensive site. This is getting expensive, yet I don't want to slow down the growth of the community. I will pay for it out of my own pocket if needed, but I would like to see if I can get some help.

Would it be possible to get some pledges toward the cost of hosting for 2004?

I will be adding a "donate" button for a short time, if it seems some people would be willing to help. You will be able to donate amounts as little as $2 using Paypal. If just 10% of our users donated $7 (less than the cost of a group lesson), it would be enough to pay for hosting for all of 2004!

If you would be willing to donate at least $2 using paypal, I would appreciate it if you would please send me a Private Message or post a message here in this thread. If I get a response, then I will soon add an interface where you can actually see how much has been donated and add your own donation.

Please consider helping.

Thanks,
    David