Dancers Anonymous > "Heroes"

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Beto, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It would seem that passive powers must activate automatically...but if he's exposed to a passive power does he know he's acquired it? Ferinstance, if he met Monica would he know he had her power, or would he have the same discovery experience that she did?

2. tj

tj New Member

The discussion about the regenerative blood & passive powers is what got me thinking about canon. I get the feeling that no one has "written down" how it works, and it's likely to vary story-by-story, writer-by-writer (assuming that is, that there's more than one writer helping in Heroes).

3. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Or would letting a non-writer member of the staff hire one?

In Stargate SG-1, General Hammond once remarked that relativity gives him a headache. Theology and philosophy do the same for me.

4. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

I think he would sense it. Remember his persistent dreams in the beginning? May take him a while to figure it out, but he should sense it. And since he's been through that evolution a number of times, it shouldn't take him anywhere near as long as it took him to get flying.

5. Beto

Beto Active Member

6. tj

tj New Member

I think I need to re-watch last season in order to remember where it left off...

7. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

spoilers = :shock::shock::shock:

8. Beto

Beto Active Member

Yep! ;)

9. tj

tj New Member

So when does the new season start?

10. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Next week.

11. tj

tj New Member

Nice - I'll check my DVR.

12. Beto

Beto Active Member

Hope your DVRs/TiVos/VCRs are ready for tonight's 3 hour premiere. :D

13. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Three hour? All I saw was a pre-show at 8 and the new episode at 9 (of course, I didn't scroll over to the 10PM position).

14. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

:shock:

15. Beto

Beto Active Member

The recap showed scenes from the 3rd season not featured in the 2 hour premiere and some cool behind-the-scenes F/X footage for some of what we saw last season (the shots of Nathan saving Peter before he explodes were really cool to watch from the F/X and bluescreen perspective).

Yep. Last night *rocked*. I like how they're bringing back "oh sh$#!" moments at the episode's end followed by "to be continued..." :D

16. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Love that they had William Katt :p

17. Beto

Beto Active Member

Yep, nice little shout out to Greatest American Hero. :D

18. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

19. Beto

Beto Active Member

Interesting. If done right it could be really good.

20. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Though I've always wondered what the Chinese connection was to that show. The symbol on the costume is the Chinese character for "middle" (China was "The Middle Kingdom", in the sense of the being the center of the world; the Japanese retaliated by pointing out that they were the source of the sun, Nihon).