Dancers Anonymous > "Heroes"

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Beto, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Beto

Beto Active Member

Stephen J. Cannell based the design on a pair of scissors that were on his table when he was coming up with costume ideas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greatest_American_Hero

2. tj

tj New Member

Did they change the actress who plays Claire's mom?

(and what was the reasoning as to why she could breath, when Claire couldn't?)

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Haven't seen this week's ep yet, but the previous ep she was the same actress.

4. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Basically, Claire was panicking and she wasn't. Ever suffer an anxiety attack or feel trapped in a confined space? You start fighting for air even though there's plenty to be had. That's basically where Claire was. And Mom's power of suggestion (what anyone in charge of a stressful situation will have) only helped to make it worse.

Yes, the air was getting used up, but Mom had been in that situation before, I'm sure, and knew her limits, while Claire didn't know hers. Mom was also in control while Claire wasn't.

An additional possibility could be that Mom has some immunity to the effects of her powers, just as Ted ("Radioactive Man") had to have been immune to the effects of the radiation that he was emitting. After all, what good would fire-starting do her if she'd scorch her fingers every time she lit a cigarette?

Besides, it's just a comic book.

5. Beto

Beto Active Member

Like Joe said, it's the same actress from Season 1, Jessalyn Gilsig.

Did anyone watch last night? WHOA! Talk about future shock! I watched the ep this morning (I sooo *heart* my TiVo!) and was just amazed. I went into this episode pretty much spoiler free and I enjoyed the episode so much more because of that. :D

6. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

I'm finding it more and more difficult to follow the time line and who's dead or undead. Flipping back and forth w/DWTS is not helping either :|.

7. tj

tj New Member

Yeah, I enjoyed last night's episode. I'd guess Noah must be RIP, if future Claire is that traumatized (and blames Peter).

8. Beto

Beto Active Member

SPOILERS below if you have not seen last night's episode.
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    Niki Sanders - dead after last season's burning house collapsed with her inside of it.
    Future Hiro v2 (or Hiro 3.0) - dead at Ando's hands.
    Future Peter - comatose after being shot several times by future Claire
    Future Nathan Petrelli - dead after Peter started to slice his head open with his newly acquired Sylar power
    Future Daphne - dead after the confrontation in Gabriel Gray's/Sylar's house after Sylar pulled a Ted and went mushroom cloud following little Noah's death at the hands of Knox.

9. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

More like whose death in the future will actually take -- ie, those are all future timelines that may or may not happen depending on what someone in the present does to change the future.

Notice that in Grandma Petrelli's vision of the future, it looked like the just-killed Claire had her cheerleader uniform on?

10. Beto

Beto Active Member

11. tj

tj New Member

I read that viewership numbers are down a lot, too. Not good...

12. Beto

Beto Active Member

13. Beto

Beto Active Member

And the hits keep on coming...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/081103g.php

[​IMG]
    "Heroes" writers/co-executive producers Jeph Loeb & Jesse Alexander

Heroes" writers/co-executive producers Jesse Alexander and Jeph Loeb were fired on Sunday reports Variety.

The pair led day-to-day production operation under the direction of creator/executive producer Tim Kring since the show's inception.

The reason for the dismissal has been due to "NBC executives frustration with the creative direction of the show" which has struggled in the ratings in its third season.

The series has also been dealing with hefty budget overruns going beyond the already large $4 million per-episode pricetag.

14. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Hmm. Revenge of the NBC Executives. AKA The Return of the Third Season of Star Trek (AKA "Kirk's Date of the Week").

Le plus ça change, le plus la même chose.
    (The more things change, the more they remain the same.)

15. Beto

Beto Active Member

16. Beto

Beto Active Member

17. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

wow. WOW. WOW! :shock:

18. Beto

Beto Active Member

You mean last night's ep? Or all of the negative publicity lately? I think the show is *starting* to get back on track as of last night but it's still nowhere near as good as Season 1. We need an episode that's stellar like "Company Man" was but haven't had one yet. :|

19. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Last night's ep. I never imagined they would be able to accomplish so much in one hour. I was glued. Hopefully this is indeed an upswing.

20. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Heh. Yeah, I've kinda been watching fans with the "the plot sucks!" "the network is screwing with the show!" "the creator is insulting the fans!" "they're threatening to cancel it!" and thinking....

Y'all are new, aren't you?

[Not quite old enough for the original Trek, but I've lived through the old Doctor Who, various incarnations of Trek, Babylon 5, Forever Knight, The X-Files ("Chris Carter raped my fandom and all I got was this lousy movie")....sheesh, welcome to genre TV, people.]