Country and Western > Hey Ya'll

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by AnnieMarie, Aug 18, 2004.

1. AnnieMarie

AnnieMarie New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I know it's been awhile but DancinDude and I have been working hard to prepare for this weekends competition in Chicago. As usual we feel fantastically...not prepared. Which seems to be the usual feeling right before a comp.

I am just happy that both of us are up and dancing. It's a great feeling.
    I know we feel a little off kilter because we were sidelined for two weeks, which according to Albert did us some good apparently.

Anyway we are off to Chicago on Friday. Ron and I will give you an update post next week about how things went.

Ron...that means you have to post too...since we always have different perspectives on the same situation.

Talk to all of you again soon.

Ann

2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

good luck!!!!!

3. DancinDude

DancinDude New Member

An understatement to say the least.

Ditto!

Yes.. after we complete one more practice.. that being Thursday night. Ann wants us to crash and burn for luck.. I'd like to be happy just to get one run through of all dances.. good enough to leave with a smile on my face.. before a comp.. that rarely happens!

Ok Sweetheart.. you're right.. we do and I will.

4. DancinDude

DancinDude New Member

Thank you Larinda! We appreciate that :D

Now, the really cool thing is that Ann and I competed twice together.. our first two times were at Da Dance Camp and St Louis.. both times the entire dance group was not there. Then we went to Southbend at which point Ann wasn't there.. now for the first time we'll all be at the same place at the same time with the entire dance group and we get to dance with everyone and in front of everyone for the first time. Wild eh?

Ron

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Hi Ann . . . how are you doing?

No one ever dances a perfect dance, and once you get this in your head, you will learn to relax in comps. There is NO PERFECT DANCE. No one is perfect. Be in the moment, do th ebest you can do at that moment - actually 90 seconds. Remember, only you and Ron (and Albert) know your routine . . . most of us observing would not know if missed a part of it . . . so don't give it away with facial expressions if something is missed or you have to go into lead and follow.
    Time off lets your mind dance a while . . . just do your best . . . assure Ron that you will "be there" for him during the routine, and he of course, "there for you."

Since we do the same venue - the UCWDC - I'll be really interested. Then we can look up your "placement" once they post your results, though you still need to add Waltz, correct?
    Good luck . . . know that I'll be with you there in spirit!

6. AnnieMarie

AnnieMarie New Member

DancinDude and I are working our way into Waltz. I know we will be working on it after Nashville, if not starting in the next week or two. I am doing waltz with my Pro. Ron and I compete together as an amateur couple as well as doing ProAm. Obviously we don't dance enough. LOL.