Salsa > Hi

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Danoo, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Danoo

Danoo New Member

wow thats so true :)

2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

My Dad took my younger brother & I trap shooting with REAL guns when I was a teenager, and he always taught us the importance of gun safety. They were ALWAYS locked(trigger-lock) and stored when not in use. At present, our family has found better ways to amuse ourselves(sports, music, food, travel) and I haven't seen the guns since those days at the shooting range.

Now, as an adult, I have seen so many lives lost due to carelessness &/or stupidity with guns and do wonder why we allow them in our society?

As I always say, "Guns don't kill, PEOPLE WITH GUNS KILL!"

3. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I think guns are of no use to people... I couldn't fire one! And I see no reason why they should be used!
    My father was attacked and they took his money and his documents and the mobile phone... and once they beat him! One of my friends was attacked with a knife! And there are so many other violent circumstances around us! Why bring more violence into the world? Somebody carrying a gun attracts trouble, 'cause they'll be tempted to use it sooner or later! Think that some kid is trying to take the mobile phone out of your pocket and you get so mad that you shoot him! Who is going to go to jail then?
    I just don't approve of guns! I don't want such people around me! People carrying guns are dangerous and I always avoid them...!!!

4. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: That means you'd be avoiding me... I plan to carry a gun when I'm old enough -- but it's to protect myself from the kinds of people you described above. You're right in saying people like them shouldn't own them; but there's nothing we can do about them [before they've committed their crimes].

The situation you described with a teenager stealing your mobile phone, that's NOT the situation you'd pull your gun in. However, that kid probably would not be stealing YOUR moblie phone if he saw that gun...

My favorite saying: "If guns were outlawed, only Outlaws would have guns." A little something to think about.

SK :kitty:

5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Sakura-
    Why on earth do you think you would ever need a gun? Do you plan on moving to Iraq? In that case, better get a helmet & flack jacket, too!

In my opinion, rather than having firearms in the house to protect my valuables, a more effective and safer system would be home security. I don't have alarms but I have a hefty safe and sensor lights in the front of my house. Burglary is rife in Japan now and everyone is taking precautions.

6. Danoo

Danoo New Member

or if you really feel unsafe u could take a knife instead of a gun =\

7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

For heck's sake, learn some martial arts and be prepared to the s**t out of your assailant!

8. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Protect yourself by avoiding the potentially dangerous situations, not by carrying guns! It's not the Wild West, for Christ's sake!
    People have the tendency of thinking they're protected when they have a gun! Yeah right, I say! This can be true if you're always on guard and your finger is stuck on the trigger...! Otherwise, if they surprise you... you're history! I refuse to spend my life in fear and wearing protection means...
    Try reading some Serge Brussolo if you have such ideas...! It's interesting and illuminating!
    I rely on no gadgets...! I try and avoid bad neighbourhoods, bad clubs and bad people... If I see drunks, drugs, fights, guns of any sort I RUN!
    And thank God I've never been involved in crimes! And I plan to keep things this way!!!!

9. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:shock: :shock: I really didn't mean to cause such an outpouring of negative expressions on guns! (Especially when this was Danoo's topic in the first place! =^_~=)

To Cocodrilo: I may end up going the military route, yes; and I would LOVE to learn some of the martial arts styles, but my parents won't les me. Expences to do with it again...

To Danoo: Knives are good too; but for the most part, unless you can throw and throw well, they're impractical in today's world (and I prefer swords anyway -- but again with the impracticability...)

To Sqirrel: I totally agree on avoiding the bad situations in the first place! It's one of the first things my father taught me in the first place! But I would like some personal protection when it comes to any everyday situation. As you've mentioned, stupid people with guns could come in anywhere and start shooting a place up. Not that it's an everyday experience, but it could happen.

As my dad's told my mum, "If, after all the years, when I can no longer be issued my permit, and I've never had to use my gun, I will laugh right along with your mother at how silly it's been."

10. Danoo

Danoo New Member

or u can do that :D

11. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Danoo... I've been meaning to ask... is it you in the picture down your signature???

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I probably wouldn't need the martial arts here as I'm twice as tall than most of the Japanese guys... :lol:

13. Danoo

Danoo New Member

no that isnt me :)
    i could post a picture of me tho :p

14. Vin

Vin New Member

I missed alot of ths topic but let me just say, something weird happens to people when they carry a loaded weapon in an unstructured environment. It is a strange sense of power that I am not comfortable wiith. I personally would not be comfortable carrying a weapon around. I would be afraid of what I might do if provoked. At least with other forms of self defense you actually have to be physically involved with a victim to inflict harm. With a gun there is a strange sense of disconnection from other people, whenever I have carried a weapon I always felt like it was just too easy to shoot someone.

15. Sakura

Sakura New Member

(Not that I'm trying to keep this particular topic going... =-_-=;;)

You bring up a VERY good point. Which is why we DO have to be even more careful when carrying a gun.

16. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

We all have different views about the world, how it should work and how we fit in it. Usually molded by what our close surroundings have taught us, as well as society... With time views change, our lives change, the world changes...

The issue with guns, while intersting to many, it is my opinion that Salsa isn't all that very much into guns...

I appreciate that we all want to share our views on the subject, but the only shooting that should find soothing within the theads of salsa is that of steps within the music, fun,and the love we all share...

Only experience can teach us that which others experienced and understand as a reality, until then we live as we are taught/as we try to learn... Now, how about we put the guns back in their casing, lock them, and head to the club to share some more stories with Danoo on how Salsa is going to change his life, and it has changed ours?

18. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

How about them UK clubs, eh? :wink:

19. Danoo

Danoo New Member

hey hey
    there is nothing wrong with uk clubs :p

20. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Didn't say there was! 8) I was asking so I'm prepared for them! *Whenever I get to the UK.... (No money is baaaaaad money!!!! :wink: )