Salsa > Hips! Latin Motion/Hip Motion Index

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by pygmalion, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Sabor

Sabor New Member

umm.. a new kind of painkiller..?

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

It could be if you dance to kill pain. :wink:

3. Sabor

Sabor New Member

4. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Sure you can work in into West Coast swing a little bit. I sometimes put my follower into Titanic position during WCS and have her essentially do salsa shines or whatever shines she feels like doing. Sure there's not any hip motiong when you're doing the patterns, but that doesn't mean you can't put it in occasionally.

5. Sabor

Sabor New Member

6. Sabor

Sabor New Member

SHAKE LIKE U WANT IT TO FALL OFF!!

:mrgreen:

7. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Umm Sabor? You okay? :eyebrow: :lol:

8. Sabor

Sabor New Member

hola peachy :p .. i'll be ok soon as it 'falls off' chica :lol: :wink:

9. peachexploration

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Sabor

Sabor New Member

i love your signature quote bella.. Autumn is absolutely my favorite season for sure.. and its coming up soon :p ..

11. peachexploration

My favorite as well. I awake at Autumn. The colors, the serenity, the crisp air, peach pies and cobblers (naturally :wink:) and the beginning of the most festive holidays. One of these days, (sooner than later), I'll visit Vermont where I can experience those colors in the picture. Absolutely beautiful. Yup, Autumn rocks. :D

12. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

I LOVE THIS PIC!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

call me crazy but my favourite season is winter......I've lived my entire life on a tropical island and have never seen snow but something about that drastic change in season really captures my attention.......and I'm getting my wish VERY soon - seeing snow for the first time in my life :D I can't wait!!! :D

14. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Every season has it's beauty to me. Each is inspiringly wonderful. One only has to listen to one self and find something outside that resonates that is within.

My 2 cents. :)

15. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:D

17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

LOL. What ever happened to shake it like a Polaroid picture?

18. thespina

thespina New Member

Hey all.. new here. I'll post an intro as I have more questions about other things. But... are there any video clips anywhere on the web that demonstrate cuban motion? I THINK I'm doing it right, but there are times where I know I'm all messed up. I learn better from watching and hearing words. Reading all these bent-leg, balls of feet stuff sort of makes sense but boggles my mind at the end of it all! Help!

Spin

19. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

I think it's best to learn from an instructor. Very diffuicult to describe.
    Check this site: http://www.ballroomdancers.com/Learning_Center/Lesson/Default.asp
    They have some illustrations which could help abit.
    Good luck, it ain't easy.

20. Josh

Josh Active Member

I agree about learning from an instructor. Nothing beats seeing someone do it and helping to analyze your own movements. The web page you linked to seems very helpful though! It had some good suggestions.