General Dance Discussion > Hitting your partner

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by TheArchon, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

There a move in ECS - the "eggbeater" or something like that, where I've twice punched myself in the face...

And people wonder why I prefer working on international foxtrot basics...

2. swinginstyle

swinginstyle New Member

Being crazy, doing Charleston, end of the song, jumped into a friend's arms, started spinning like crazy, feet extending outward, hit a follow who had kneeled down, her head level with my feet. Impacted her head with my heel. End result: concussion

3. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

:shock: You´re more of a nose person aren´t you?

4. MapleLeaf Salsero

:shock: It took years for you to perfect that? :shock:

5. ratherbdancing

ratherbdancing New Member

I have hit, scratched and even kicked my partners. All on accident of course, and I always feel REALLY bad and apoligize a thousand times. The worst is when I do something to someone I'm not dancing with that is also on the floor because you dont know they are there so the accident can be even worse. I also dont get the chance to apoligize right away if i hurt someone im not dancing with.

6. volleybgrl

volleybgrl New Member

I've done this...but in a joking fashion (though it was well deserved :lol: ) I've hit AND gotten hit a few times, but last week I knocked someone's glasses off! That was a first :D He was a friend, and was all smiles though (apparently, it happens weekly).

7. MapleLeaf Salsero

I used to do this move I call a running dip. I spin her 2 or 3 times during a cross body lead and then dip her.

The last time I tried this, I got elbowed in the face. She looked at me like this ( :shock: ) and said, "What was your face doing there?"

I stopped doing this move...

8. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

The other night as I was really getting into a quickstep, my partners knee and my knee crashed so hard we both had to limp off! Fortunantly he connected just above my kneecap so it wasnt sore for very long.

Dont really know whose faualt it was, although I often have a bit of trouble following his turns and directions...mainly because he doesnt dance then correctly placed (ie facing diag to wall/center etc..) and I only ever turn in correct directions :lol: :lol: Thats a recipe for disaster isnt it!

9. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

:lol: :lol: Sorry but I had to laugh! I can just see that happening.

10. ruanishtar

ruanishtar New Member

Has anyone been arrested for assault?

When you people were hit did you call the authorities and request imprisonment for the person who caused you pain? Or did you have a V8?

11. hepcat

hepcat Member

I've grazed some breasts in the past, usually when my partner's behind me, but I can't say I've "grabbed" any. In fact, when the grazings happen, I don't usually realize what's happened until I see the girl's face. Then when I think about it, I realize, "Wait, that was too soft!"

12. Izzy20

Izzy20 New Member

Reviving this thread because it has some funny stories.

A few weeks ago I hit my teacher in the stomach, next week I hit him in the chest, last week his face. Although it was more of an accidental caress then a "hit"

We joked that I was progressing up. I'm just happy I wasn't progressing down. :shock:

13. Yliander

Yliander Member

aerials final - wrap in mistake the lead and my elbow full force to my dance partners nose - he loses vision for 3 basic moves - and we go on and complete the round - including our hardest aerials

did get a comment from one of the judges - that He looked tired during that final!!

14. BM

BM New Member

::exhales:: I initially read the title of this thread and gasped. Glad it's not what I initially thought it was!!

15. Addicted2Dance

Addicted2Dance New Member

:lol::lol:

I always have trouble keeping my elbow down when I turn...so usually I knock my teacher in the jaw a few times each lesson.

16. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, I've hit pro a couple times, but always when I was dancing with someone else and floor was just crowded. :) Pretty sure I've posted about it several times before

17. reb

reb Active Member

I received an accidental shot to my nose at Vegas a couple weeks ago - its actually an easy target!

18. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Yeah, I caught an elbow in the nose once when doing hustle. I've been ponytail-whipped a few times too. And the usual litany of leg kicks -- both received and given. Nothing very serious, though. In fact, the only actual dance injury I've ever had was a tweaked knee that I got once from a slippery spot on the floor.

19. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Haven't hit anyone yet. Usually I'm the one kicking my teacher or stepping on him. Although he kicked me back a few lessons ago, and I've gotten my toenails ripped off plenty of times.

Last lesson, though, (or maybe the one before) I got a boob grazed. I never realized that it happened until he apologized, and even then it took a sec. Never even crossed my mind. I mean, I dance in close embrace with him all the time, so boob contact doesn't really even register. And I'd spent half the lesson with either my leg locked between thighs, or his between mine. After all that contact, and what with the fact that I was concentrating on what he was saying and what I was trying to accomplish, an accidental boob grab just doesn't really matter. It's dancing--it's happened before, it'll happen again. So long as it's not deliberate, I don't much care.

20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Note to self, Peaches doesn't mind you touching boob as long as you're dancing AT. ;)