Event Announcements > Holiday Ball - Dance Camp & Competition

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by DJourdaine, Dec 19, 2005.

1. DJourdaine

DJourdaine New Member

Spend your holiday dancing with the stars!
    Five days of classes and lectures with famous dancers like Denis Trembley, Bill Sparks, Ron Montez, Nadia Eftedal, Victor Fung & Anna Mikhed and more! Dance competition for amateurs and pro/am's on December 30th and a New Years Eve Gala on the 31st.
    Located at the San Francisco Airport Marriott hotel, Dec. 27-31 2005.

2. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Price? Contact Info? Website?

Thanks.

3. DJourdaine

DJourdaine New Member

The cost for the 5 day camp including dinner at the Holiday Ball competition is $420 for a single/ $775 for a couple. I cannot post the web site so you can pm me for more info...
    thanks, Denise

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I've never been myself, but have heard good things form others I know who have gone. For those who are interested, you can check it out at: www.holidayball.com

5. Laura

Laura New Member

I've never been to the camp, but I've gone to watch the Holiday Ball competition a couple of times. It's alway great fun - Denise & Stephan & Rex put together great competitions. I wish I could go this year but K. & I still aren't dancing again yet! I'm so bummed! If you have any idea of going to a dance camp this month or coming to San Francisco, go to the Holiday Ball!

6. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I was there last year, wish I could make it this year as well. The camp is a great event, I really recommend it!

7. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

It is that time of the year again - winter dance camps!

Just looked at the updated website of the Holiday Ball - yowza!!!! Olga Foraponova, Glenn Weiss, Victor and Anna, Nadia Eftedal, Jonathan Roberts are the instructors among others!!!! I know where we'll be between the holidays ;-).

Anyhow... we've been to the camp three times, and thoroughly enjoyed it each time. Denise and Stephan go out of their way to make the camp as educational yet fun as possible - there are events each evening (ice breaker / staff show, talent night, performance class, supervised practice) along with 5 full days of classes! I highly recommend it - especially to those who are looking to improve on technique :) and learn how to do what they are doing now BETTER.

8. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

Stephan, Denise and Nadia do a great job with this camp. Definitely a great way to get more information and work on technique.

9. reb

reb Active Member

So, I started to worry when I heard that David Hamilton would not be at this dance camp . . . but since Olga Foraponova will be there, I won't go through withdrawals - and Glenn Wiess (besides, Nadia, Victor, etc.).

Jean-Marc Generaux's presence means that it'll be a lot of fun also!