Salsa > How can I dance like this

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by pielcanela, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Any video clips of the "man"? ;-)

Tony...

2. africana

africana New Member

what's the "hmm" for?

that was the first time I'd seen Troy social dancing :) I've only seen videos of his performances not social dancing, tho there oughta be
    I got to dance with him again in Houston last xmas.

boy i wish I could flee to ATL, sounds like a party

3. MrJoel

MrJoel New Member

Dances like this can't be taught, they have to be experienced. Get a dancer that is experienced and just watch him/her.

When you're confident, act serious and get the music into your soul. I'm sure the rest will follow.

4. Lofland

Lofland New Member

There's a recent clip of Troy and Georgette in the "Bermuda Salsa Congress" section of imambo.tv. There are clips of Magna following and leading (and doing a damn good job of leading) in the "January in Austin" section.

5. Big10

Big10 Member

There are a couple of clips of Troy's dancing on this page, coming from a weekend event held here in Houston during early February:

http://www.mambofodadaz.com/gallery/bayou06/index.php

Look under "Performance" for a freestyle he did with Griselle Ponce, and under "Social Dancing" for a clip of him dancing with Rocio from here in Houston.

Magna also appears in a couple of videoclips on that page, too.

6. africana

africana New Member

thanks!! always admired Griselle too!

7. Paou

Paou New Member

Wow, I love the Maria and Lee (Freestyle) clip on that page... he's dancing LA really smooth. I like his movement... Apart from the acrobatics, that's exactly what I'd love to look like dancing socially!

8. africana

africana New Member

9. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

Africana, what a clip!
    :banana:

/luc

10. BugBear

BugBear New Member

Okay, this might sound a bit stupid to you, but how can I download this video and watch it, cos my connection isn't fast enough and all I get is 5 secs of video every 15-20 seconds :(

11. africana

africana New Member

I don't think you can download from zippyvideos directly

but you can login to imambo.tv first and then use this link to download the wmv file

12. Big10

Big10 Member

It's interesting to me that you like Jareau's dancing so much, since I think of his style as being much different from yours, in terms of both movements and energy level. Is it just a very visually appealing style from your point of view, or do you also think you would personally enjoy dancing with him more than you would with most of the other top-level leaders?

13. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I like it too. :) The movements seem to fit the music, though the music is not the type that energizes me and gets me dancing well with it.

14. africana

africana New Member

well the thread is about dancing like him, only makes sense that we'd be watching clips of him :p
    yes, I do love the look, great synergy between the dancers and the music as Sagitta said. And I look forward to dancing with him when I get the chance cos I'm sure it'll be unique :)

plus who's to say what my style is ;0 I pride myself on always trying to follow any style lead, and being versatile enough to morph into any style according to the song feel and the lead style. If there were numerous top leads around perhaps I'd have the luxury of confining myself to my "favorite" style, but there's not much challenge in that, variety is good....the main reason why I started working on following better

15. BugBear

BugBear New Member

Thank you! :D

16. JackedSalseroNY

JackedSalseroNY New Member

This is nothing too crazy, you should be able to dance like this with practice. It's a standard NY style, lots of cbl turns, and whips makes it look flowy. He has a couple signature moves, he likes that R to L Hand cbl Left turn.