Dance Articles > How Can I Get More Out Of My Group Classes?

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by SDsalsaguy, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Chris Eaton

Chris Eaton Member

Hi TC,
    Well I never! I never even noticed the missing hyphen (or additional hyphen, depending on where you log in).
    Why is there two variations? Presumably DF have purchased BOTH domain names and have linked them both to the Forum?
    It does make it very confusing. Thanks for answering the question by the way, because I haven't had any reply to the same question that I posted to the DF support page. I guess they are busy??!

I wonder how many other people get caught out like this, or is it just a Newbie thing? (Darn Newbies!)

I have read many posts from people who view you as the DF "Guru / Librarian". It would appear that you are also the "Support Dept" too. Well done Matey!

By the Way, I did a bit of Googling about your online name and it seems to translate to "Dancing Clot", but as "Clod" is also translated in the UK as a "Stupid Person", perhaps "Dancing Idiot" is closer to a true derivation. Was that really your intention when you dreamt it up? It doesn't seem to match what you appear to be, which is the exact opposite!
    Interesting that you chose Clod instead of Clot, because "Clod-Hopper" is a term that was very prevalent in Dorset, when I was young. It referred to big boots covered in mud, which are associated with rural Ploughmen. It turned into a term of derision for anyone who wasn't very light on their feet, which again crosses over to the dance metaphor.

What about "Terpsichorean Preceptor".

As you, and many others may have noticed, I am a bit new to Forums in general. After a fair amount of browsing other peoples threads and posts it dawned on me that I was one of the few people who was actually using my name. I also noticed that most people had very little information on their profile (unlike me - Doh!).
    I guess that people prefer to remain anonymous nowadays, what with Identitity Theft on the rise etc.
    Perhaps i ought to be more careful, but I guess the "Cat is out of the Bag" now.

Some names / profiles are SO sparse that you don't know if you are talking to a Gent or a Lady even.

Chris

2. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Hi Chris,
    Yes. :)
    Thanks!
    I purposely chose "clod" - I did have something in mind like big boots covered in mud. ;)
    <picks up dictionary> I learned a new word! ;)

Glad to have you here!

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

this does fit him better... but the oxymoronic nature of TCs current nick is funny too

4. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

Personally, the longer I dance and the more I learn, the more I feel like a clod. How's that for inspiration?

FancyFeet likes this.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

6. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

7. Chris Eaton

Chris Eaton Member

Hi Guys,

I have just posted a little about lesson number three on the new Thread that I started "When is the "Right Time" for a Beginner to attend a Social Dance?" (sorry, don't have enough points to insert a link yet, but I am working on it!):)

I had a fantastic night tonight and tomorrow I am going to my first Social Dance (sharp intake of breath!).
    I managed to slap the Countess on the Bum tonight and get away with not getting my face slapped (GENUINE mistake, Honest... but you will have to read the other thread!)

Regards
    Chris

8. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

^^ Teehee... gotta love the things that can happen when trying something new!

9. alexandrahweis

alexandrahweis Active Member

This is good information.