General Dance Discussion > how dancing shapes a boy into a man

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by alemana, Jul 31, 2006.

1. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I take what I wish to take to heart, and when someone says something that I think is wise and true to its words, then why not?

2. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

The gesture was very well intended. :cool:

3. DancePoet

Of course. :cool:

4. DancePoet

Good examples can be set by all. ;)

5. DancePoet

Would you say your mother's words were wise in this instance? ;)

6. DancePoet

Coming back on topic ...

Dancing can be part of shaping a man, yet only if he chooses to let it. ;)

7. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I agree.

One thing I was thinking, that it's always something of a risk to meet someone in person that you've first met online. You might have an expectation of someone, and that person turns out to be someone completely different. I'm sure a number of people on this board will be coming to town in November. While I'll be around watching the competition, I'd prefer to remain anonymous.

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

there is no doubt in my mind that you are right...and actually, I will be in town and I will take the risk but I also understand the consequences:rolleyes:

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

You are a braver soul than me.

10. fascination

nah, prolly just dumber but here's the thing...for me alot of what matters in life is relationship...and I can't be in them if I don't make myself vulnerable...everyone is different...I am just social by nature...in case that had eluded you...lol...sometimes that means pain and disillusionment sometimes it means joy....

11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. But having too much of the former and not a whole lot of the latter makes it difficult to step out of the safe little world I know.

12. fascination

agree...and if I can figure out another way to avoid the former other than isolation or some major personality transplant that I doubt I am capable of, I'll be sure to send you the instruction manual

13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

That happened to one of my x boyfriend's once! It was hilarious! I about died when he told me what happened to him lol. And to me if I were to meet someone from here at a competition, and they turn out to be different etc., then it's like oh well. They must have had their reasons not to want to say the truth, and I won't let it affect me any. No biggie. Life goes on whether we want it to or not. ;)

14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

That is very well stated! And to me it's like if you keep your mind closed all of the time after having it been hurt (and when you get to our age, you have been hurt plenty), then you won't have any friends at all. I think that life is too short for that. And we are human after all. We are supposed to feel everything that you have stated, so yes... I very much agree! ;)

15. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

This thread is no longer entertaining :(

16. fascination

what can I do to entertain you?;)

17. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

dance.

18. fascination

how about if I just remind everyone of the topic? OP asked: how (I might add, if at all) does dancing shape one from a boy to a man?...and let me say, after a certain amount of thought that IMO...folks will stagnate or grow in any endeavor according to their desire

19. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

i don't know. it seemed like the OP just wanted to just make fun of men in general and have a good laugh ;) i'm just complaining that the laughter seems to have died now.. :rolleyes:

20. fascination

well I think its a very good idea if we not speculate on that in public regardless of what we know...it gets messy...thats why we have pms and ignore buttons and stuff like that...hug