General Dance Discussion > How dancing shapes you from a woman into a lady.

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by SPratt74, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Well, you can do some other variant such as having a house and renting out rooms, leasing an apt and doing the same... Then using those wiles to get help. ;-)

2. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

I have a friend who did that. Now they have two kids together!

3. After I am back dancing, I have noticed that people esp men look at me more for some reason !

I havent really changed anything much but maybe it is the bounce in my steps and the general increase in self confidence !

It really is strange but I seem to be more attractive for no reason ....

4. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Except your actualization as a person to the max! Go girl!

5. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

Self-confidence really changes how you carry yourself. I think it's a really subtle thing. Your outward appearance is the same as before, but there's an extra shine that attracts other people's attention.

6. Silveralsa

Silveralsa New Member

Well, I started off with Ballroom & Latin, and Lindy my freshman year of college. At that time it didn't really effect my personal style, though when going to the actual competition/dances, I liked to dress in the style.

However, I started WCS 5 years ago, and that has impacted me. I found it to be my "home" dance, where I just fit the best in my own personal style of expression. So, of course I started off at first trying to get the sparkly/nightclubish kinds of shirts. Then, in the past year, I decided I was tired of looking like a "girl" (minimal makeup, more comfortable casual clothes). With my favorite guy dancers in WCS, the dance itself helped bring out finally FEELING like a woman (people often think I still look 18, when I'm close to 30). So, that motivated me to work on actually now finding my "woman" styling. I'm still light on the makeup since I don't like weighing my face down, but I added little heavier eyemakeup and lipstick more regularly. My outfits have gotten more put-together and stylish, versus whatever was most clean and comfortable. The biggest change, was realizing that when hitting a plateau in my WCS dance level, I'd have to lose the excess weight I've carried all my life. So, in this past year I've lost 50lbs (very slowly - about 2lbs a week) and have about 20lbs more to go to be at ideal in shape. It's wonderful to feel "in-shape" and it really makes a difference in movement on the floor. I love it! :grin:

7. Silveralsa

Silveralsa New Member

I agree, which is why I used the term "girl" to "woman". In my opinion and definition, the word "Lady" refers to your character. What that means to me, is someone whose: confident but not arrogant/vain/proud; kind to others; upstanding morals and convictions; and how she handles her responsibilities. That's my two cents :)

8. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

Dancing makes me sweaty and feel sort of unladylike :p

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

nice thread. never saw before...pre-dates my DF entrance.

if anyone cares to take the time, max has some nice comments somewhere in the middle. back when he tended to be a bit more loquacious. ;)