Funstuff and Inspiration > How Did You Choose Your User Name for Dance Forums?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

There are so many interesting user names here in Dance Forums! (And there are new ones every single day!)

Just curious:

How did you choose your user name (aka alias) that you use in this wonderful place? Is there a story or some other interesting bit behind it?

Also: is there a user name of someone else that you have found particularly interesting or intriguing to you?

As we can only have one user name per the rules, it becomes a strong part of your DF identity and persona, does it not?

Again, just curious! Have a great day!!!

:bouncy:

2. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

3. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

Pretty obvious in my case: combo of a favorite and an understatement. ;)

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To waltzgirl

waltzgirl, your user name appeals to me directly, as Waltz is a favorite dance.

I wish that my user name was more interesting. But so it goes!

:p

5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

First initial, middle name.

6. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

My dance partner at the time made me promise to never say anything on the forum that I would not say up close and in person. Using my real name keeps me honest...

7. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

Stole it.

8. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

From the film which I love :D

9. Kits

Kits New Member

My old Friends from another forum awhile ago used to call me :kits: instead of my actual sn. I liked it and decided to keep it! :) Its like half of kitten or Kitty. and I love kitties =^^=

10. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Samba is my favorite dance. Nada was my grandmother's name (actual name was Nadzieja). She died many years ago. She is my angel, who I miss very much.

11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Sambanada

How lovely, sambanada, the story behind your DF name... :)

12. Linda J Schlensker

Linda J Schlensker New Member

I have been blessed with a unique name. Married into it. So far I have never had to add a number or had an application say I couldn't use it. Considering the fact that I have to write everything down in order to remember it... Google my name and everything I've done on line comes up. It's kind of fun.

13. Kits

Kits New Member

aw thats very sweet sambanada!

14. MultiFaceted Dancer

MultiFaceted Dancer Active Member

Describes who I am

15. gracie

gracie Active Member

Just came to me out of the blue. Sounds sweet, doesn't it?

16. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Thank you :)

17. Nybz

Nybz New Member

NYBZ was created years ago(1993/1994?) for me by my brother... obviously for other uses than DF, heh, seeing how it took over 15 years for me to find DF since I got the name. It's a combination of NY for New York, and my initials.

And for those I haven't met in person and still wonder how I pronounce my own username, I do N-Y-B-Z, sounding out each letter, as opposed to what I've heard as Nibz

18. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Nybz...

Nybz, I just knew that you would be one of the DF denizens with an interesting story behind a cool user name! Cheers!!!

:cheers:

19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Linda S...

Linda, that is definitely a very special thing, to be the one and only with your name!

:cheers:

20. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Wasn't feeling too creative. :D