Funstuff and Inspiration > How Did You Choose Your User Name for Dance Forums?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Standard is the only style I compete, without my love and passion to standard dancing, I won’t be so addicted to forum.

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To 3Wishes

3Wishes, lovely reason! Thanks...!

3. old dog

old dog Member

I was starting to feel like a contented old dog must feel when I reluctantly began dancing (at over 50). I thought I was probably too old to get much out of dancing. Though it has been a real challenge, this old dog has managed to learn some new tricks. And he hopes to learn quite a few more as he seeks to prove no dog is ever too old to learn.

Will turn 70 this year, but we have friends in their 90s who are still attending dances and taking lessons, so we have a ways to go to prove anything at all. One thing for sure -- as most of you know so well -- there is nothing like dancing to make you feel younger.

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To old dog

old dog: :cheers: and :cheers: and :cheers:

You truly inspire me! Thanks for sharing that with all of us!

5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

And impressively so... :)

6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Lioness...

Lioness, Your user name suits you. You impress us all with your wisdom beyond your years...

Cheers! :cheers:

7. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Cool thread for a newbie! As i can also fold into this my fascination with the origin of words

How did i choose my name? Nothing came to mind as I stared at that blank space on the registration form. (And perhaps 'RhythmGirl' was worth a try, but I did not.)

so i simply used the name given me. My proud Irish family name means something like 'leader in battle'.

And Amanda is Latin for 'she who must be loved'

So Im 'She Who Must Be Loved, Commander in Battle'! :)

8. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Amanda...

Amanda, that is impressive!

9. MultiFaceted Dancer

MultiFaceted Dancer Active Member

10. TangoRocks

TangoRocks Member

Well, mine is a double or maybe even triple-entendre. My favorite dance is Tango, and when I first started, the tango rocks "pattern" was one I liked a lot--still utilize it. However, I also think that Tango ROCKS! (lol) so that's the second meaning. Music-wise, I am a big fan of the rock'n roll era, so the "rocks" part works for that as well. And yes, I have been told before that I have a twisted sense of logic, lol ;)

11. TangoRocks

TangoRocks Member

Lol, All Hail our Lovable Commander!!! :cool:

12. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

TangoRocks :cheers: :)

- Amanda aka 'Trivia Girl' (what Ray named me recently and i kind of like it! Might have been a nice DF user name!)

13. morgrob

morgrob New Member

I am still fairly new to DF, but I enjoy reading many of the threads. I chose my name as a mix of my first and last name. It started with email, and it seems to be my go-to screen name when I need things. At least I know to mix up my passwords, lol.

14. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

fellow newbie! *hugz*

15. LaWa

LaWa New Member

The German abbreviation of my favorite dance.

Although finding English words which start with la... wa... would be fun.

16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Ausgezeichnet! Vielen Dank, LaWa! :D

17. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

I use this username for anything on the Internet. It was a nice short masculine-sounding name. But then I found some people were pronouncing it as "gourmet" and that added a little bit of class to it. So I kept it ever since.

18. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

I am a singer who's always wanted to dance. Took a long time to figure out the dancing thing!

19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Gorme and singndance, thanks for your replies to this thread!

Gorme, the first time that I saw your user name of Gorme, the first thing that came to mind is Gorman, California. I have visited your San Jose, but Gorman is in the upper NW corner of L.A. County down south. It's a rest stop for the Tejon Pass, which links Southern California with Central California:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorman,_California

singndance, that is a very nice combination--singing and dancing! :banana:

20. millitiz

millitiz Member

I picked this name because, he is one of the character in my novel (which is still in my head...one day, I swear @'_'@). Anyway, since it is such an exotic name, typically speaking, no one use it. And I just use it in many cases. Although I do need to admit, apparently there are other people making up the exact same name...hmmmm.