Funstuff and Inspiration > How Did You Choose Your User Name for Dance Forums?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, Apr 17, 2010.

1. I chose mine based on the magical creature from Final Fantasy online video game my friend was playing one time. I thought it was cute, so I began looking it up. I came across a cute picture that looked like the moogle was dancing in the air, hence my avatar is called "dancingmoogle".

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Cool! :cheers:

3. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

When I first created my email years ago, I was asked to think of a username and the first name that popped up in my mind was 'Louis' but I gathered that was too common. Thought for another 3 seconds and then came 'laucy'. And it has to be all lower case too; it loses its meaning when written as 'Laucy'. Oh well, guess I am just real fussy about stuffs.

As for .my, it is kind of like a double meaning thing. It represents Malaysia, where I am from and also the initials of someone special. I reckon if that someone special is no longer special then I can still keep it as 'Malaysia'. It used to be two numbers, like for example laucy32, the two numbers being my birth year and then I decided that I wouldn't want people to know my age when and if they have my email so I changed it to .my. :)

4. New in NY

New in NY New Member

lack of imagination

5. Smooth Dancer

Smooth Dancer Active Member

Just dreaming of how I'd like to move across the floor some day...

...(still workin' on it). :)

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I chose mine based on "saggitarius" my horoscope star. Then I decided to make it feminine sounding with an "a" ending for yucks.

7. little_mouse

little_mouse Member

English translation of what my DH calls me in German.

8. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

I started dancing late in my life at about 44. Two years before that I strongly felt to change something in my life and so I started to learn TaiJi in a Cheng-Man-Ching style class. I also subscribed to some TaiJi and martial arts forums. And because I currently was leaning the 16th posture of the CMC form (which is called Apparent Close-Up or Six Sealings and Four Closing) I decided for Close-Door as my forum´s alias. One minute later I found that it must appear really shuttered and introverted. So I changed it into Opendoor. And when I finally stopped my TaiJi activities I carried the alias over to my DF account.

9. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thanks for telling us your thought process. It's very unusual, I guess, for someone to be so open and transparent in an online forum. Thank you. I think opendoor is a much better fit than Close Door would have been. :)

10. Aura

Aura Active Member

Aura is the energy you radiate. For me, it's always been bright and energetic, something I want to continue on the floor.

11. madmaximus

madmaximus Well-Known Member

Living 5 inches beyond reality
    zen
    one of Rome's greatest generals

mix well... and no other name seems to make sense for me.

m

12. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

I guessed wrong...I was thinking of roguishly dashing post-apocalyptic heroes... ;)

13. pygmalion

With perfectly coiffed 80s-style hair? :wink:

14. BenjaminT

BenjaminT Member

Well, it was a really tough choice for me. It was either my name or:

1337d@NZ3r!!!1!!!eleven!!! :cool:

The strange paths life takes us when we let a coin-flip decide our fate...

15. pygmalion

I, for one, am so , so glad that the coin toss turned out the way it did. Just sayin. :wink:

16. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

mine is a combination of a nickname my parents gave me when I was a kid and my birth date. although now that I think about it I could have gone without the birthdate and been perfectly fine.

17. Silmarwen

Silmarwen Member

Silmarwen is an Elvish name (yes I know, I'm a nerd :) ) It's (very) rough translations she who shines like the silmarils (a specific set of jewels). It's also connected to the concept of stars.

I've been using it for years (since I was 14) but it describes how I want to live my life, reflecting light and energy. Although my teammates would probably tell you I just like sparkly things. :p

18. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

Mine comes from something my trainer said to my dance partner while we were practising our paso doble. She told my partner to watch me while I was leaping because there was no knowing where I might end up: "He might be in somebody's ice bucket." :lol: It was a fair comment.

19. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Welcome to DF, Ice Bucket! :)

20. Ice Bucket

Ice Bucket Member

Thank you! :)