Funstuff and Inspiration > How Did You Choose Your User Name for Dance Forums?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, Apr 17, 2010.

1. OreganO

OreganO Member

OreganO is based on a joke my mum makes about my actual name. She always likes to remove some letters from her oregano at home so it spells out my name :)

2. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

GG is a nickname a couple of unconnected people have given me in the last few years. The rest is a pretty obvious nod to my dance habit - which is in direct opposition to the first part.

3. MultiFaceted Dancer

MultiFaceted Dancer Active Member

I think that is very Original.

4. MultiFaceted Dancer

MultiFaceted Dancer Active Member

I chose MultiFaceted Dancer because It Truely
    describes the many sides of my personality
    on and off the dance floor.

5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

It's my name. :cool:

6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

There is actually a constellation named Sagitta... it represents the arrow fired by Sagittarius the Archer. I always wonder why you choose your name after that particular constellation... :oops:

7. toothlesstiger

toothlesstiger Well-Known Member

This was an intentionally anonymous name, as someone close to me is uncomfortable with any sort of online presence. As to where it comes from, big cats figure in my astrology from several traditions, and I am a bit long in the tooth, now.

8. Riplash

Riplash Member

My name came from running/ and racing triathlons in College. I wore racing clothes from a (now defunct) company called "Rip n Hammer" Everybody on the team called me Rip. And eventually if some oddball called me by my real name (Ryan) nobody knew who they were talking to. So the nickname stuck.

--Rip.

9. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

"Jude Morrigan" has been my nom de net for years now. It is, I fear, a name I originally made for a video game character. To be honest, I kind of regret having reflexively chosen it for this forum. It's a bit too name-like without having anything to do with my actual name. (Which is Ernest. Feel free to say "hi" anytime anyone runs into me at a comp or other venue.)

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Great! I like this. The arrow! Thanks for the info. :)

cornutt likes this.
  11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

im a gentleman

and i dance all 4 styles

12. manny

manny New Member

real name. yes, boring