Dancers Anonymous > How do you watch TV now?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Sep 29, 2017.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Usually, when I am going to watch TV, I open up an app on my phone like YouTube or Netflix, and then I click the button to cast it to my TV. Then I put on my Bluetooth headset, so as not to disturb people. I have seen advertisements about devices where are you can talk to it like Google home, but it still seems a little strange. So I think I have enough technology for now, and I don't watch TV all that much.

2. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Way above my pay grade :D...just simple cable

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Simple cable, although if we must watch “live tv show”we mute the commercials. Love catch-up on demand option, but hate I can’t fast forward past commercials.

4. bia

bia Well-Known Member

Mostly Netflix, Amazon, or PBS through the roku. Live TV via rabbit ears, mainly for sports, plus local weather when it's stormy. We'd like to have access to ESPN but don't care enough to pay for cable or Sling. Still using the big fat old TV, because it still works.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I have basic cable, no premium stations. It works because apparently I mostly watch re reruns of Law & Order, Law & Order Criminal Intent and Law & Order SVU. :rolleyes:

j_alexandra likes this.
  6. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

Cable and Netflix. We are heavy users of the DVR and On Demand features.

7. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

No Cable... Amazon Fire only