General Dance Discussion > How many beginners/lurkers do we have here?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Breakon2

Breakon2 New Member

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF! What sort of dance are you into?

3. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Welcome to DF, Breakon2.
    With a handle like that, I'm guessing -- a salsa dancer? :D

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi, Breakon2. Welcome. :D And don't worry about MacMoto. She ALWAYS guesses salsa dancer. :mrgreen: :wink: :lol:

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the DF Breakon2! :D

6. Breakon2

Breakon2 New Member

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!!

I have to apologize for not responding quickly since it was our Thanksgiving weekend and I was away visiting family.

I presently do several kinds of dancing; ballroom, salsa, jazz, tap and in past ballet and highland. You might say I just love to dance "anything"

I also really enjoy reading what everybody has to say, and am just now getting know the forums and the folks around here. btw there is a lot to read if you're just starting :wink:

I'm somewhat shy in person, so as an extension it takes me awhile to get going in any social settings including DF. But, once I get going I'll be pitching in my two cents now and again.

7. DancingMandi

DancingMandi New Member

Hello all! I'm also new, but have been lurking about for a little while. I'm into jazz and ballet, but love all dance in general and am open to learning new things.

Oh, and my name is Mandi, and I talk a lot. Sorry if this bothers anyone :oops:

8. SDsalsaguy

:lol: ...talking a lot bothering the DF membership? I don't think so! :lol:

And welcome to the DF Mandi! :D

9. Sagitta

Welcome to df mandi! :D :banana:

10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

What are you reading? :wink:

11. Sagitta

What!?!! Huh! :?

12. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: Seeing as this thread is addressed to the beginners/lurkers here, I am curious to know what they are reading :wink: :lol:

13. Sagitta

Or what's keeping them from posting since I saw some 40 or so of them this afternoon!! :eek:

We are a friendly welcoming bunch, you know. :)

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

We've had a lot of lurkers lately. I also wonder what's keeping them reading. :roll:

15. ColinP

ColinP New Member

Well, some of us are expert lurkers...

Actually, I enjoy reading the boards - and they've broadened my horizons amazingly - but I've not been one for posting. I enjoy talking about dancing (too much, some ladies might think, when they'd rather we were on the floor), but don't enjoy the unpleasantnesses on many boards - and so don't post. DF does seem to keep things in check: you're a sweet bunch.

So thanks for a most interesting board. I'll continue to lurk, but doubtless will chime in with the occasional post.

....Colin.

16. SDsalsaguy

Thanks for the kind review Colin... and welcome to the ranks of active DF posters too! :D

17. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Welcome Colin! Another Brit! :banana: Watchout US of A. We might get you back for the Boston Tea Party yet :lol: and have you driving on the left side of the road anytime soon! :raisebro: :lol:

Where in the UK are you based?

18. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

So THAT'S how you teach rhythm!! :kissme: :bouncy:

hehe
    Welcome Khrys! And all you other lurkers coming out of the woodwork!
    I'm relatively new to DF, timewise, but I'm addicted!

19. Sagitta

Good. Glad that you won't exclusively lurk away. WElcoem to df Colin. :)

20. ColinP

ColinP New Member

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!

I'm in Oxford....but I've danced a bit in the US (working trips - too little time for dancing...).

I should say that these days I just dance AT, but my first love was and is ballroom (International Style), and I've done a bit of Lindy and salsa. Not a dance fanatic now, though there was a time when I danced 5 nights a week. But I've been dancing for quite a time: I started late, when I was 32, and that was 22 years ago.

....Colin.