General Dance Discussion > How many beginners/lurkers do we have here?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Aug 25, 2004.

1. dsprtn87

dsprtn87 New Member

im only a fewdays into this, so im definatley new. ive neverreally been into a forum before, bit everyone here seemed nice. Older, yes, and well known with each other,yes.But thatalso gave it a home feeling to it. Wierd/physco comparison, but the truthnonethe less. The firstday i sdigned up i posted, and ive posted a good bit since then, alot in the dancers anonymous section....but some here too. And ive been happy ever sinc..................... :twisted:

2. Medira

Medira New Member

Sorry for the delayed response. It's been a busy couple of days at work. *shakefist*

Thank you for the welcomes. It's great to see such a positive response. I'll add my welcome to the other new people/lurkers out there too.

At the moment, I'm nervous/excited. I'm taking my first ballroom class in 9 years tomorrow night. I'm starting out with an introductory class because it's been such a long time since I've done it. I need to pick up new shoes though. My old ones were on their last legs when I stopped dancing and I really need something with arch support.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that it's like riding a bicycle. ;)

- M

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Well, more comfortable to go sit down at home after... :wink:

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Great. :D

5. Anjela

Anjela New Member

This thread has inspired me to try and post more :) I've only been doing ballroom for a year and a few months, but I've done jazz for a few years. I prefer ballroom though, I love the music and the prettyness of the new vogue and modern styles.

6. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Yay!!! :banana:

7. Keith & Rita

Keith & Rita Member

[​IMG][​IMG] This is our post #1! We belong to and post quite a bit in cruise forums. We started taking ballroom dance lessons about 6 months ago. Now we are hooked! We always called ourselves bar room dancers and hope one day we can be called ballroom dancers. :lol: :lol:

8. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Welcome, Kieth and Rita!
    We look forward to having you. Feel free to ask questions if you need help with anything. By the way, there is a Travel Forum that might be interesting too: www.thetravelforums.com
    Thanks,
    David

9. Keith & Rita

Keith & Rita Member

Thanks for the welcome, David! :D :D

10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Hi Keith & Rita! Welcome to Dance Forums (DF). What made you decide to take up ballroom dancing? :D

11. Keith & Rita

Keith & Rita Member

Thank you Pacion! We took up ballroom dancing for the exercise--and the challenge! We like to take sea cruises and watching ballroom dancers on the ships have inspired us. We have always enjoyed dancing and have never been shy to get on the dance floor and do our own thing. On our last cruise we at least were able to waltz and east coast swing with the others. We have just started on the fox-trot. So much to learn! :!: :!: