General Dance Discussion > How many people fly the friendly skies?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Tinydancergirl, Apr 23, 2008.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

how, praytell, did you get your hands on that??

2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

From her former career as a stew. ;)

3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Larinda, you were an FA? When was that?

4. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Have anyone ever got or used Delta credit vouchers? We got 2 vouchers for $400 each person because on our way back from Utah to NY last week, the Sunday morning flight was overbooked, and needed several volunteers to give up their seats and Delta would give credit of $400 per person for compensate such inconvenience. We thought it's good deal so we gave up our seats for the morning flights, stuck in Utah airport until the next flight which is late afternoon and got credit vouchers.

We were told these vouchers are good for either domestic or international (without blackout dates) and if we book at Delta.com, no fees. But when I tried to book a future flight on Delta.com, I don't see any where in the payment method field allowing me to enter the voucher number, I emailed customer service several days ago, but no response, and there is not even a phone # listed on Delta website which I could call:(

I met a friend at airport and he advised me not to take the credit vouchers since he's got credits like this from U.S. airway, he said it was really difficult to use the credit vouchers because U.S. airway had blackout dates, it took him a year to use it. and he said Delta service is even worse than U.S. airway?

I took the crediit vouchers anyway after Delta ticketing agents told me no blackout dates. Anyone else here have experience with airline credit vouchers? is this a bad deal that I should avoid in the future?

5. Laura

Laura New Member

I've used vouchers like this on Northwest and United's web sites with no problem. For United you have to go to the point where you are ready to put in your credit card number and it asks you if you have an "ECertificate" to apply. I forgot how Northwest's worked out -- I think it was similarly -- you have to already have picked the flights before you see where you put in the voucher information.

OKAY, so I just did a booking (which I then let expire without paying for) and think I figured it out.

When you get to the payment page, look right down below where it asks for your credit card billing address. You'll see something that says "eCredits." Click the little link that says "eCredits" and see if the information given in the pop-up window makes sense for the voucher you got.

If that doesn't work, CALL Delta reservations and ask them how you are supposed to used the voucher. Don't actually do a booking, just ask them how you are supposed to use the voucher. I've found that emailing the airlines with questions basically doesn't work ever.

6. Standarddancer

You are right Laura, I do see "ecredits" right below credit payment info, but no lines for me to enter the voucher numbers although I check the box "use ecredits as payment"; guess I have to call Delta tomorrow:( well, as least I'm on the right track:)

7. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

I flew United last night from Vegas to Denver and we hit some pretty bad, unexpected turbulence. Actually got an email from UAL later in the evening, apologizing for the 'scare.' Too bad a free ticket didn't accompany the apology! :p

8. cornutt

I think you have to check that box and then go to the next page. That's where you will enter the voucher numbers. If the voucher doesn't cover the whole cost of the ticket, it is supposed to take you back to the payment page where you put in the credit card to bill for the difference.

9. Standarddancer

the voucher amount is more than enough for the ticket, however, seems without entering credit card #, it did not even let me go to the next page.

10. cornutt

Once you put in a CC#, did it work? I'm curious, but not curious enough to go mess with it myself. :wink:

11. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

It is a multiple step process. On that first screen (which you found) you need to input a credit card number and check the eCredit box. At this point it hasn't looked up the eCredit info yet, so it will require the cc number.

The next screen is where you get to see all available eCredits (or maybe you input search info and there is one more screen; I haven't done this is a week!). You then select the eCredit you want and it will automatically then use only that eCredit and not the credit card. You do get to review the final accounting before you give the final OK. If all else fails - call customer service they will walk you through the process - I've never had a problem.

12. Standarddancer

I was scared to enter the Credit card number, afraid of them charging me; well at this point I'm just messing with them to see how easy to use the credits, and to ask fellow Dfers' opinions about how easy to use such credits for my future info. I haven't make up my mind about our next travel plan (that's another reason I was afraid of messing with my credit card or voucher with trips I'm not sure about), better ask here first:)

thank you Laura & 3wishes for sharing your experience, now I'm fairly comfortable that these vouchers are pretty okay to use:) when I finalize my travel plan, I'll do what you say: enter CC # and check box before enter the next page:)

13. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Your welcome (-:, Keep in mind - credit/voucher end-users, such as yourself, need to check well in advance of travel dates - for your own sanity - call customer service and ask for the "rules" of redemption of credit vouchers - much like the weather in Colorado it can change without notice (-: .Several airlines will allow you to use the voucher only if there is room for you on your desired flight. Some airlines - much like redeemption points, will only allow you to fly certain days/times - not all airlines. Happy and safe travel to you.

14. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

no........ Joe is being cheeky.

15. Standarddancer

sorry I have to ask those Delta ecredits again, with the help of all of you, I successfully booked flights for next trip, but unfortunately we have to cancel now. tickets are exceeding the value of ecredits, so I charged on credit card total of $227 for 2 tickets in addition of the usage of ecredits.

does anyone know if I will get the ecredits or the money back from Delta? The tickets I booked they marked nonrefundable, but I recall from reading some other policies from Delta site, which indicated I can get vouchers back in case of cancellation. Anyone had experience? Thanks again.

16. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

SO HAPPY!!!

Southwest is Coming to BOSTON!!! When I moved here I almost gave up on them altogether. But now I can finally fly cheap and without cancellation or rebooking fees.

I ❤ SWA.

17. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

Perhaps this is a little bit off topic, but I have a question for everyone: has anyone had any trouble bringing a shoe brush on in their carry-on bag? I couldn't find any previous info on this so I'd like to request the wisdom of more experienced air travelers if you'd be willing to provide it. :) My instinct is to say that since the bristles are so short, it shouldn't be a problem but I haven't flown in many years, so I wouldn't know for sure.

18. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, they let me on the plane with a shoe brush. It must have registered as a regular brush, on the xray. b/c those things are definitely concealed weapons. I've drawn blood on myself, just brushing my shoes.

Ailuene likes this.
  19. Ailuene

Ailuene Active Member

Thank you! Although yeah, shoe brushes are definitely hazardous to the fingers.

20. Standarddancer

They also didn't bother me when I took shoe brush on carry on luggage; tried with Delta, US Airway, never bothered, maybe they just don't know what it is for.

Ailuene likes this.