General Dance Discussion > How many people fly the friendly skies?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Tinydancergirl, Apr 23, 2008.

1. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Roger that. I'm "bingo Winchester" anyway...

2. Laura

Laura New Member

Not wanting to get too dried out. My skin is pretty delicate and on top of that I'm developing broken capillaries and rosacea (happens to the women on both sides of my family), so I have to be very careful.

3. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

absolutely smart list!!! However I have trouble to find travel size can of TreSemme Hair spray, I checked Duane Reade again this morning, the smallest bottle is 6 oz.

btw, I've never put eyelash glue separate into zip lock bag for domestic flights, and never problem. Usually eyelash glue around 1 oz, too small for them to worry, i guess.

I don't use liquid foundation, I use stick foundation from Benefit which is long lasting and considered "non-liquid", so I don't need to pack to zip lock bag;(

4. Standarddancer

oh girl, you need to remove eye makeup thoroughly!!! use a good non irritating eye makeup remover. Not just soap & water or facial cleanser. Use something specifically for eyes.

Also don't use eyelash glue or mascara older than 3 months, I had an irritating eyelid over the weekend and went to see eye doctor, doctor told me not to use cosmetics over 3 months old since once the bottles opened, there cosmetics could have chemical reactions with the bacterias in the air.

I now have to throw out my old eyelash glue which is more than one year old and I re-purchased a mascara, and eyeliner, damn, costly to replace eye makeups every 3 months:(

5. Standarddancer

If I wait for my dance partner to do so, it won't be done until last minute, and he forgot things and always ended up "borrow" mine. So I guess either I pack 2 zip lockers including mine and his, or pack larger potion of everything for checked luggage.

6. Laura

Laura New Member

I got mine at Long's which is kind of the West Coast equivalent of CVS. The Long's here are as big as supermarkets, though, and have a whole section of travel size items that are kept separate from the regular items. So, if you go back to Duane Reade, ask if they have a travel size area -- don't just look in the regular hair care area.

7. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

I buy my hairspray in the super economy size, something like 32 oz, and just refill old bottles. For travel I buy 3oz generic spray bottles and fill them up from the big bottle.

8. Standarddancer

Thank you. Will check again for travel section again, heck, Duane Reade near me is HUGE, will check later;)

9. Standarddancer

smart...

10. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

The site I gave you for eyelashes is the store where I buy the empty bottles I use for travel. I put everything I own into bottles 3oz or less from that store and manage to fit into a ziplock and not check bags. I have to get creative sometimes, but so far it has worked out ok.

11. Standarddancer

so far I only use that site for fake eyelashes. Ricky's in NY sells travel sized empty bottles so I mostly get from there.

12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Just got an email from Delta that the merger with Northwest is official.

13. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

iflyswa_dot_com

Say what you will about cattle cars but I do so loathe AA and UAL. Used to fly Delta just to thumb my nose at 'em.

14. cornutt

Southwest doesn't fly here, unfortunately.

15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

where do these threads come from? I dont think I've landed here before.

HATE air canada - and it used to be the best airline. Now you can fly coast to coast without getting as much as a peanut.

LOVE porter air lines. Its tiny with only 6 prop (nice bomadiers) planes but it flies off Toronto island which means no lines on the express way getting to the airport (how can the larges city in Canada have an airport without any train service?

Maybe I should continue on the whining thread.......

16. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

while i *have* flown united, i have not become a member of the mile high club .

17. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I think that needs its own thread.... personally, I'm waiting for the plane private rooms with showers...

18. cornutt

I imagine it would be pretty expensive to build a tunnel to Toronto Island.

Speaking of building tunnels, how far have they got the Sheppard line running now? Did they ever decide if it was going to cross the Don Valley?

19. Laura

Laura New Member

Singapore Airlines A-380's have private cabins for two. Upcoming service from Los Angeles to Singapore, and eventually San Francisco to Singapore.

20. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Oh I love the Singapore Airlines uniforms. I have an outfit and actually wear the top occassionally. The skirt is too cumbersome though.