Dancers Anonymous > "How many strangers can you dance with" Day

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Aug 26, 2004.

1. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

The London event ensured I got a healthy number of stranger dances over the holiday period. Even though there were a few faces I knew, I didn't dance with any of them, so all my dances there were with strangers! 8)

Apart from those two nights, not many... only 3 or 4 strangers during the entire holiday period? :oops:

2. tj

tj New Member

You must have quite the "Following" :wink: in your local scene by now!

3. motardmom

motardmom New Member

I danced with a stranger!!!!!

He was too short and not comfortable with it. But it was ok. I had a good time.

Slowly but surely, I'm finding a stranger here and there... I had to ask him, but whatever. :roll: Oh, the smallness of my dance scene.... My girlfriends are taking me to a new place to dance, but doggonnit, I think they tipped off a few of the guys we regularly dance with to be there. :evil: I wish I could just walk into a place and not know anyone (or very few people).

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Small dance communities are the pits. :( My sympathies, MTM. And, if you want to dance with strangers rather than your usual, just say no. Or at least try to say no. Hang in. Your girlfriends mean well. They may be misguided, but they mean well. :)

5. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Two on Saturday, one on Sunday... not doing very well. :(

Don't know... my SO was surprised when I told him I don't get asked very often. Of course, I realise that I'm actually difficult to grab because I'm usually either already on the dancefloor or on the move, stalking and grabbing guys! :lol: I'm not patient enough to wait for a guy to ask me... :oops:

6. tj

tj New Member

Ooo! I like how you just sorta slipped this in!!! :wink: Congrats - and feel free to share more info if you're secure/comfortable enough to tell us...

Heh - doing the MacMoto as you self described it previously...

I've been lucky enough to know Follows who are popular in this way... it's a shame that most Follows tend to equate asking as being beneath them.

Oh, and I danced with 2-3 strangers on Friday, and about 10 :shock: on Saturday.

7. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Since it's not very nice to keep calling him "bus"... :lol:

I'm sure I see this --> :shock: expression on some guys as they see me approach, which says "oh no, Mac's coming to get me!" :oops:

Hmm, I've got to work harder next weekend... :roll: :lol:

8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

9. tj

tj New Member

:doh:

I caught the bus references, didn’t know it was pertaining someone specific.

Well, be at an event where it’s a couple of dance troupes and you’re a tagalong, and this sort of thing happens.

Lol, not the case for most guys I know. :wink:

These are nice, and I like that “come hither” glance, too.

10. motardmom

motardmom New Member

Ok, so I didn't dance with a new stranger, but my most recent stranger asked me to dance again tonight! I can't say it went any better than last time, but that was mostly me, I think. I was a little tired and not really "feeling it". :? When he asked me to dance, I had already started thinking about going home and was getting into that frame of mind, but then he asked and I couldn't say no - I was so excited to have a stranger ask me to dance again! WooHoo!!!!

Overall, tonight was a good dance night. The dancing wasn't all that great, but I feel like I worked thru some stuff, um, interpersonally. I think some progress was made with a problem I've had and it's good.

11. tj

tj New Member

Only about 3-4 strangers last weekend.

12. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

3 strangers again last weekend :oops:

13. tj

tj New Member

3 strangers on Friday night!

I like it quite a bit when I get to brighten the night for someone who is otherwise is having a mediocre night. One of those folks who is looking bored and isn't getting asked, and whose demeanor brightens up once the two of you start dancing. You can almost read her body language as saying, "Finally!".

14. Pacion

Pacion New Member

one stranger last night and :shock: it was so good and so much fun, I don't think I would have had the energy for more than one :oops: :lol:

15. motardmom

motardmom New Member

WooHoo!!! I danced with a stranger!!! Ok, technically he wasn't a stranger, we have danced before, but it was a year ago before I really got heavily back into dance, and I never saw him again, and strangers are so few and far between... I think here, he counts as a stranger. :lol:

I had a BLAST! I think he did too, he kept coming back for more and asked if I'll be around again. It was so fun! He was very playful and kept me on my toes. Fun fun fun!!!!!

16. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Psst Motardmom :lol: A few pages back, don't ask which one (!) I think I said you couldn't have danced with the person for about 3 months (or was it 6 weeks? :oops: ). Anyway, this person is outside the 6 weeks/3months timeline so, he can count :wink: :lol:

17. tj

tj New Member

Only danced with a single stranger last night (Kindra, whom I had a lovely dance with)...

Does it count that I sicced a bunch of my favorite salseras on a couple of guys that I know who were visiting from out of town?

18. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Danced with quite a few strangers at the salsa ball on Saturday. Didn't count -- probably not quite 10 but close. There were some fantastic visiting salseros! :D

19. tj

tj New Member

6-7 strangers on Saturday night.

I got a typical "Oh no, who is this guy asking me to dance" kind of look from one of them. She appeared really relieved and happy by the end of the song.

20. indakiss

indakiss New Member

I dance mainly at the skating rink ((lol odd place to dance)) with random people and I go to the sakting rink everyday, but I can't go to any clubs near my home cause I'm not old enough yet.

Kiss