Dancers Anonymous > "How many strangers can you dance with" Day

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Aug 26, 2004.

1. indakiss

indakiss New Member

So I would guess maybe 4-5 people on a good saturday night... lol

2. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Me, too!! :D

3. tj

tj New Member

Another 3-5 this past weekend. Woo hoo!

4. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I danced with a stranger recently :evil: and he should have remained a stranger!

Talk about slimy! He was only interested in holding the girl close. I subsequently saw him ask other girls to dance and a few of them left him on the dancefloor! He kept kissing my hands :shock: and was holding my hands as I was trying to walk off the dancefloor. :? I felt so "yuck" I had to go and wash my hands!

But, being a person who always looks for the positive :roll: we went on to the dancefloor about 1.5 mins before the song came to an end :twisted: talk about 1.8mins too long! (the extra 0.3mins was the asking and going onto the dancefloor part :wink: )

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Tuesday - 1?

6. Sagitta

4/5 at least...yesterday night. :)

7. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

I'm planning on attending the K&S dance on March 5th in Newton, MA. Maybe this will be a good time to see how many strangers I can dance with because there are usually many, many dancers in attendance. :D

And if you want to meet DancePoet, this could be your chance! ;)

8. tj

tj New Member

What happened to the other 20% of her? :shock: :shock:

:wink: :roll:

I danced with a bunch on Friday - maybe 10+? Not as many on Saturday, and hardly any last night.

9. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

ROTFLMAO.

It means 4 or 5 not four-fifths of a person. :lol: :lol:

10. Sagitta

That's what happens when a person does not give me 100%. I have 20% of a person and 4/5ths of a non-entity!! :p :) Come to think of it this way I danec with many strangers every night. :)

11. tj

tj New Member

:wink:

Hey, I just thought of this... I shared a dance last night with another guy. Does that mean I only had a 50% dance? I suppose so! :wink:

12. Sagitta

Danced with several people last night, at least. Floor was really sticky so I stoped dancing early. Ithaca Social dance with many strangers... :? :) :wink: :) hmmm...

13. tj

tj New Member

I danced with 7-8 strangers over the weekend.

...hey does it count if you knew her from another town, and then completely forgot who she is?
    :roll: :wink:

14. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Aaaahh, nice to get some good stranger dancing! I'm back! :D

Danced with a few strangers on Friday (can't remember how many -- three?) at my favourite monthly and some more on Sunday (about six?) at York's Sunday Social.

But what was REALLY amazing was that I went to a strange town and managed to find a couple of non-strangers... :shock: it's a small world for us salsa nuts!

15. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

OHHHHH MANNNN! Just got back from an awesome night of dancing. Was introduced to a new girl that just moved here from Germany. Let's just say her ability level is off the charts!! Oh MAN did we have some great dances!!! :banana:

16. Sagitta

Cool! :D

17. Sagitta

6-10? :wink: :)

18. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Details, Sagitta?

A new club opens tonight in Edinburgh. :D
    Wonder if there will be many strangers to dance with!

19. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Not many -- I think I danced with 3 strangers. A beginner turned me down :(

Had more stranger dances on Saturday (4? 5?) -- we had a couple of overseas visitors who were very good dancers! :D

I also danced with 4 strangers on Wednesday after a local beginners class.

20. Sagitta

New place yesterday night...let's see...10 new people. :D