General Dance Discussion > How much do you dance per week?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Peaches, Mar 25, 2008.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

more than that for some of us...

2. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Having hardwood floors in the house helps with that. Or else I can go to the gym and use their aerobics room when it is available. Since I would have gym membership anyway whether I dance or not, I might as well use it for more things than just cardio & weights.

3. timbp

timbp New Member

So what was your result for the stats project?
    Having skimmed through the posts, I could not find a final report, but I found lots of responses that I am glad I didn't have to analyse.

4. average around 10 but almost never exceed 15.

5. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Lessons,

Mon - 45 mins (hoping to extend to 90 mins)
    Weds - 40 mins

Free practice,
    Every free day not in lessons or after lessons sometimes...

6. QPO

QPO New Member

at the moment we dance 4 days a week at least one and half hours per day... two days for three hours.. I think that works out to be 12 :)

7. SwingWaltz

SwingWaltz New Member

3hr a week...4 on a good week *sob*

8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

2 hrs now, used to be 4 but we had to drop that class because it changed times and we couldn't get to the other one. That goes up to 7 or 8 if there is a ball or a comp on.

9. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Around 20 - 22

10. QPO

QPO New Member

But in the end it is still quality not quantity...you can practice as l much as you like but as long as you don't get good instruction you would just be reinforcing bad habits.

11. moondance

moondance New Member

I do about 9 ish hours would love 2 do more but can't afford it at £35 per lesson !:( xx

12. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

ditto, my bank balanace is never going to be the same again after this month :shock: asked for extra private lessons tonight.... I didn't ask for a quote... :D

Anywho I generally only practice what I know I can do properly, sometimes I'll give new steps a go to try and master them, then tidy up in the studio with the teacher :)

13. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Right, and practicing it the correct way. I've seen some students practice over and over and over, but it just becomes mechanical. It's nice to know good technique, but once you dance with a partner it needs to flow together, so the practicing doesn't always help when you can't dance yourself first. I guess it is up to the individual and how they perceive their dancing.

14. TheTexasDancer

TheTexasDancer New Member

About 15 hours.

15. Emmydancer101

Emmydancer101 New Member

14-15 hours with practicing,classes and competiton in one week :)

16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

welcome to DF to both of you

17. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF TheTexasDancer!

(and hello again EmmyDancer101!)

18. QPO

QPO New Member

Welcome hope you enjoy it

19. QPO

QPO New Member

Welcome:D

20. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Per week?
    lol
    I danced 10 minutes last month I think. Now if you include the classes then maybe 3h a week.