Swing Discussion Boards > how old are you swing dancers?

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by luh, Feb 13, 2005.

?

How old are you?

1. till 15

99.5%
  2. 16 - 25

0.5%
  3. 26 - 35

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 36 - 45

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 46 - 55

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 56 - 65

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. above 65

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Uh oh! He's starting to figure out the secret why the WCS seems to be filled with old people.

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I'm as old as my soul that was created at the beginning of time....

3. luh

luh Active Member

:lol::lol:

luh

4. chandra

chandra New Member

Can I just comment on the fact that melina is my age? OMG! She is so incredible. And she doesnt just look 20 something, she seems (granted dont really know her at all) to act atleast that age too. I guess she has too, I mean judging, and teaching etc. Ben said the average person in there classes is 3 times older than them. He was getting quite a kick out of telling people they had to be under 21 to join the workshops at summer hummer. He actuall said it to like 10 people (not exagerating) followed by "Ive ALWAYS wanted to say that"

5. dnquark

dnquark New Member

what are you smoking? :) this was one of the more varied routines i've seen. the only thing that gets tiring though is all the spinning the girl's doing. makes me dizzy. granted, it's performance dancing and looks cool... but something is disconcerting for me in that picture. maybe it's cuz the girl's doing all the work, maybe it's because it's more of a raw dance technique than partnering at work...

6. chandra

chandra New Member

:? watching that routine I actually had the thought "they do alot less spinning than is ussually in routines :?
    I just watched it again, and although there is a fair amount of spinning, it doesnt seem like more than ussually in routines... Am I insane?

Also- leftfeetNYC, this is a slightly differnt version than the routine they did in summer hummer right? They made some changes, Deffinitly the ending, or am I hallucinating?

7. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

You're hallucinating. The ending looks different from the angle we were sitting at. If they did any changes they were very minor but otherwise it's the same routine.

I think they did a better job at Summer Hummer of executing it though.

It's funny how performances will change and be great one night, bad another.

I felt bad for Parker and Jessica as they've definitly done their routine better. But having lost her luggage and costume, I can understand Jessica not being in the right frame of mind when performing, and they still were amazing.

8. jon

jon Member

Second that. I'll take swinging jazz over hip-hop and "funk" any day for listening, but I don't want to dance Lindy very often.

9. dnquark

dnquark New Member

yeah, well, that's because standing and wiggling is easier than doing swingouts

(I kid, I kid)

10. luh

luh Active Member

reefer...
    ...just kidding ;) (hate every smoke i smell. Yuk)

hmm, yeah, they do a lot of spinning. maybe this is just part of wcs, but i think too many spins can remove the tention of a routine. long spins are fine, just not all the time.

luh

11. chandra

chandra New Member

IDK leftfeetNYC, wasnt she in a slightly more contorted position at the end of it? Like
    [​IMG]
    this except her hand was touching the ground? (so it wasnt the same, but it looked more like this!) I could be wrong, it could just be the angle, and if so, then I NEED to stop hallucinating!

12. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

I'll have to watch the video when it comes out. There's a possibility her feet slid a little more then normal, torquing her body a bit, but otherwise it was just the angle.

13. chandra

chandra New Member

Dayum. I need to stop hallucinating then... I couldve sworn...

14. luh

luh Active Member

I've told you so many times. How often do i have to tell you? NO REEFER any more !!
    (try damiana - yeah i have not forgotten it :p)

some more serious part:
    Yesterday i was out swingin', and i told my fellow dancers that i taught some other kids in my age how to swing and that they love it. They were all kind of stunned, when i said "my age". Do you think i hurt them by saying that? Because that was really not my intention. I love my fellow dancers!
    And after dancing, some of us (others) were sitting together, and i said, that next time i might bring someone else with me, who will lower the average age. I'm not sure if they thought that was weird too. They were curious though if it will be a leader or a follower :)
    luh

15. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

Aw luh, I doubt they were offended. If you're younger than them, they've surely noticed.

Besides they're probably excited at the thought of fresh meat... erm I mean new dancers :wink: :wink: :wink:

16. luh

luh Active Member

Yeah i'm younger, but class goes pretty much as if we are on one age level. Meaning, we are pretty much on one talk level, making jokes, having same passions..

I don't think our followers are too excited about new followers ;) - Well they gotta live with it - i'm gonna bring my gf, no matter what they say :p - I just hope they were really not offended. :?
    luh