Salsa > How to know whether a guy can really dance...

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Gentemer, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Still haven't finished that film!! :oops:

2. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

what!! how come??? :shock:

3. Sagitta

Over use of the digital camera...

4. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Okay, I am lost. What does "Over use of the digital camera..." have to do with knowing whether a guy can really dance...? :raisebro:

5. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Not shur I'd ask ... might get a wrong ansa. ;)

6. Sagitta

:doh: She is referring to a certain photo I took with my film camera in may 2004.

7. honeydragon

honeydragon New Member

I think it's always fair to at least give the guy a chance -- he may or may not know how to dance, and so what? At one point in time, none of us knew how to dance either. Everyone that goes out to a dance club regardless of whether or not they can dance... at least they made the effort to come out, we all have one thing in common and that is to just have a good time -- even tho a pervert's definition of a "good time" differs alot from people with a dance agenda.

Here's 2 scenarios that you can simply avoid asking potentially offensive questions....

1.--- You see the guy.. you wanna ask him to dance, but you're not sure if he dances or not. Well, you can wait til the song is more than half over, then go ask him to dance. That way, if he's new, but pleasant, at least you made his night. IF he's terribly awful or a perv, then at least the song's half over and it might seem like forever, but at least you're only stuck with him for less than a minute and of course, if he's being a perv and not being nice to you on the dance floor, you don't have to be nice to him. IF he's good and you like dancing with him, then you can say, thank you for the warm-up, now can i have a full song with you ? :)

2.-- The Guy sees you and asks you to dance.. well. you can always say, "no, but maybe later." and if he runs off and asks another girl to dance, then you can observe him. and once the song is over and you're still unsure, you can always go over and ask that girl what she thought of his lead. Then do #1.. ;-) But if he doesn't go off dancing after he asks you, you can wait til the song is half over and approach him and say.. ok i'm ready to dance with you now. and well, do #1 :lol: that way, regardless of whether he can dance or not, at least you kept your manners and didn't ruin the guy's night. and i'm sure the guy will appreciate that you didn't just turn him down and didn't think of his feelings.

... and you never know ladies.. if you end up dancing with a non-dancer or newbie and you just continue to smile and gracefully dance with him, you might just be the one person that inspired a future awesome lead that will ALWAYS dance with you. :)

8. danceguy

danceguy New Member

I didn't realize accepting or asking for a dance invitation was such a difficult process... :shock: :wink:

9. honeydragon

honeydragon New Member

so... scorpionguy, would you like to dance with me ? :oops:

10. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Sorry baby, my dance card is full... :lol:

11. honeydragon

honeydragon New Member

oh well, sux to be me.. the song's more than half over anyways. 8)

lemme see.. who's my next dance victim? :twisted:

12. Tasek

Tasek New Member

I'm a danceslut, never say no to an invitation ;)

13. Sagitta

Just dance with the guy, for goodness sake!! :eek: You'll know by the end of the dance. :wink: :) And there are all sorts of strategies for enjoying oneself and not being taken advantage of, depending on what your dance partner is like.

I say this as there are some who look great dancing with others, but you just cannot gell with them. Then you wonder what's going on... The only true litmus test is dancing with the guy, IMO.

14. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Makes it sound like you stink blood! :lol:

15. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious New Member

16. tj

tj New Member

Welcome to DF, Ron Obvious!

I know what you mean about needing a "warm-up dance". I need those, too.

17. Salsaonone

Salsaonone New Member

Absolutely...sometimes I feel I should apologize for the first couple of dances...just to get those juices flowing...I will even do a merengue to warm up....ah, there is a purpose for that dance!! I knew I would find it eventually!! :lol:

18. Sabor

Sabor New Member

oh Mighty Dominican Soul.. forgive him .. for he absolutement doth not knoweth what he sayeth! 8)

19. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

have you guys seen Dirty Dancing 2 'Havana Nights'? I watched that movie SOLELY for the dancing!! I was amazed at the energy and vibrancy and CONNECTION I saw....its as if they breathed the dance!! totally awesome!!

Sagitta when are you coming to Jamaica?? 8)

20. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Err. What's so wrong about merengue? It's cute!
    *ducks Capezios thrown at her*

Twilight Elena