Dance Ads > http://www.danceshoesstore.com/

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by DanceShoesStore, Jul 7, 2004.

1. DanceShoesStore

DanceShoesStore New Member

Dance Shoes Store is the online dance shoes mega store. We carry hand crated ballroom and latin dance shoes from the world’s finest dance shoes manufacture: Very Fine Dance Shoes. Our dance shoes are for ballroom, latin, salsa, swing & tango dancing. We even carry wedding shoes.We have one of the largest selections of ballroom dance shoes in the world and are ready to ship out from our huge warehouse in the US within one business day and free shipping too. Why wait?

2. tasche

tasche New Member

You know I really dislike when a manufacturer directly competes and undercuts its distributors.

3. Laura

Laura New Member

Oh yeah -- this is how I found out about the existence of Very Fine shoes. A few days ago someone from that web site emailed me about a link exchange. Since I knew absolutely nothing about the brand I just ignored them.

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I agree with both tasche and Laura. Fairly shady practices if you ask me...

5. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

and has anyone even heard of this shoe company? shady shady . . . don't think I'd trust my feet to them . . .

6. tasche

tasche New Member

Their shoes are very good for the price and are the brand that I stock. What I question is a brand that trys to under cut the local distributors that have been out their plugging their shoes and building the brand image. I think a wholesaler should wholesale and not be trying to steal customers away from their distributors.

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yes. I absolutely agree, tasche. That looks like very bad business practice to me, at least at this stage of the game.

I mean, Walmart can do it -- they have Sam's , the discount club, and Walmart, the retailer. Both very successful.

But I think it's a bit early in the game for Very Fine, the shoe manufacturer, to try the same strategy. Sheesh!

btw, is this a shoe you would recommend for beginner ballroom dancers who are looking for good quality shoes at a relatively low price?

8. tasche

tasche New Member

Yes I would recommend these for beginners due to the extra padding provided around the ball of the foot. As you become more advanced you develop fatty deposits on the balls of your feet to protect you form the impact. When your starting you dont have that so to wear soles without padding causes alot of pain

9. tasche

tasche New Member

Incidently I find the prices at sams and costco not to be a great as they used to be. Not really worth the membership anymore expect maybe for the cheap gas

10. pygmalion

Cool. Now I know whom to send your way. :D

11. SDsalsaguy

Don't leave out photo processing at Sam’s! They use top of the line equipment and a *significant* reduction from others using the same caliber of equipment, believe me!

12. pygmalion

Yes. I think the trick is knowing what to buy. Right now, at Sam's, I get my film developed, I buy my gas (ten cents cheaper per gallon,) I buy hardback novels, and I buy Tostito's salsa. Between those four items, I save enough money to pay for my membership fee about every six weeks. (I eat a lot of salsa, and books are really cheap at Sam's. comparatievly speaking. :lol: ) Everything else is icing on the cake.

About the shoes. I know quite a few beginner dancers who buy Capezios as their first ballroom shoes, primarily because they're available at a discount. Heck. I did. From what I've learned in this thread, Very Fine is probably a better balance of price and quality for a new ballroom dancer. Hmm... 8)

13. Laura

Laura New Member

Very Fine also has a lot of nifty styles, so since Tasche is vouching for them I'd also consider them if I needed a fashion shoe to wear to a dance event, like a wedding or a ball. Since it's a social event I don't care if the soles get wrecked, it's the stability and fit of a dance shoe that is truly important to me, and the price point we're talking about isn't much different from what I'd spend on a pair of dress-up shoes anyway.

14. pygmalion

How did you know I was considering getting a couple of pairs just for fun? 8)

15. Laura

Laura New Member

Because I'm a shoe fiend too.

I don't even go social dancing all that much, yet I'm still contemplating a pair or two. I like the idea of extra padding for social dancing, but more than that I like the idea of something really cute and spunky that actually makes me feel like kicking up my heels and dancing, rather than the same old same old shoes that do what I need for training and competition but don't feed my shoe-loving soul.

16. tasche

tasche New Member

I forgot about film developing. Though with the thousands I just splurge don dh getting the new canon pro digital body I haven't had to take any in lately. The lines are always so long at my costcos/sam clubs though I do love the soda/hotdog for $1.50

I don't do much social dancing but I do like to wear dance sheos as street shoes and wore those purple shoes all aroud vegas without killing my feet or falling over on the marble floors they all seem to have nowadays

17. SDsalsaguy

Believe me tasche, I'd love to go the digital Cannon route myself, but I just don't have the $$$ to do so... :cry:

I will say that the photo department at the Sam's club I use rarely has lines, turn around my orders very quickly, and as long as I make sure that the department manager or one senior tech is overlooking my order everything comes back exactly to my specifications and in a box ready for me to carry out.

18. tasche

tasche New Member

Sounds like you have a super Sams

Next time I drag hubbie to watch a comp I'll send him over to your corner and you guys can "play"

19. SDsalsaguy

:lol: Thanks! :lol: