Event Announcements > Hudson Swing Affair - NJ

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by GJB, Aug 30, 2009.

1. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Next weekend Sept. 4-6 is the Hudson Swing Affair a WCS event in Jersey City. No competitions. Social dancing and workshops.

I'm going !

2. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I wish I could -- the workshops sound stellar...

3. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Should be easy to get to from NYC by subway.

4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

It ain't the distance, it's the time. No have got. But oooh, it sounds like fun. Enjoy!

5. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

I'm going too!

I'll only be there Sat., for the BBQ/dancing and workshops. Save me a dance. :banana:

6. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Ok, see you Sat !

7. jennyisdancing

hmmm did I miss you?

8. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I bought a three day pass but didn't end up getting there until Sat. night for the Black and White Ball. You must have left before I arrived. Sorry we didn't get to meet this time.

9. jennyisdancing

OK maybe next time! The BBQ was fun, and it was in a top-floor ballroom that was connected to an outdoor deck with a spectacular NYC skyline view.

BTW this was my first time at Hudson Swing Affair and I recommend it for WCS fans. The location was unbelievable, right across the river from NYC, with a train station right there that will take you into the city in 5 min. if you want to do some sightseeing. As for the event itself, it was well organized and had excellent workshops with top instructors like Mario Robau. It was also a laid back and friendly vibe due to having no competitions.

The downside is that many dancers, especially the younger ones, choose not go precisely because there are no competitions. That's a shame. Why does every event have to be competitive?

I didn't go for the whole weekend but probably will next year; it was fun.